S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

s2ki group project

Old 04-19-2009, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s2ki group project

Hey guys, i'm going to be starting my next project and want some help, as well as do this at the same time as some other other people..

A well designed airbox..

so, lets address a few issues..

1. Does anyone know the optimized air volume for a airbox ??
2. Does anyone know the best method for a filter sytem, ??
3. Getting air in, open box with a velocity stack.. duct to the front bumper.. ??

lets toss some ideas around, mspaint/photoshop some designs

nobody owns this project, s2ki members claim it as there own, and togther we can mock something up and have some fun.

thanks guys, lets get going on this
Old 04-19-2009, 09:38 PM

come on guys, throw some ideas out there...
Old 04-19-2009, 10:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What "rules" do we have to adhere to? Are we worried about rain? Do we have to retain the stock (or stock replacement) air-filter?
Old 04-20-2009, 01:10 AM

i like the snorkel idea, where it draw air in front of the radiator where the air is much cooler. and if you find a way to decrease the volume of the air box it should increase the pressure inside P=1/V. you could also find a way to force/ ram air to the filter, mini turbo effect. there could be a way to cut a section of the air tube to make a secondary chamber to also make a pressurized effect.

in my head that sounds like a good idea, but some how i know some one is going to be the first at this and make it look go getto/ricer. i believe these are good ideas but it wont look good. actually this sounds like the password jdm intake. i dont have one but the idea is good, but that way it should look, password jdm, is good, but the way it will turn out.

btw, a good filter system is to use two filters. a primary filter that gets large particles and relatively smaller particles, and on the inside is a secondary filter that gets very small particles. that is a good filter system. BUT!!!!!, the air speed would be so slow by the time it gets through the secondary filter that the pressurized effects would be worthless.

just saying....
Old 04-20-2009, 02:16 AM

Talking

Work around the stock box! Get an AUT cooling plate, then get a snorkel running from the bottom of the stock box, then get tubing running from the fender wheel; lastly get another tubing running from the driver side fender wheel. That's my design, think about it! The way I designed this mentally it is getting air from everyone accessible!
Old 04-20-2009, 02:44 AM

how about cutting out the plastic ducts in the bumper and running tubes from there to the air box?
Old 04-20-2009, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by ans2k,Apr 20 2009, 02:44 AM
how about cutting out the plastic ducts in the bumper and running tubes from there to the air box?
Already been done, but I'm sure we could taper it to my existing mental airbox fabrication B-)
Old 04-20-2009, 04:30 AM
BVE

smaller radiator and C-west (nowadays the crower time-attack car) style intake...
Old 04-20-2009, 06:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I think that since a company like spoon kept the stock airbox there must be a good reason.

Personnaly, I found that a ebay snorkel hooked up to the stock airbox does a signifcant gain at a good cost.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:08 AM

Firstly you would need to calc out the maximum amount of airflow at 9krpm. Then work from there to gain the maximum VE number. Having a reduction in pipe diameter to gain the highest velocity would also be ideal... but it would end up looking similar to the PW:JDM intake tbh lol.

maybe having several filtration level could be good. like an inital gauze type filter upon entry, then a finer filter slightly further up the intake... then it's free flowing for the rest up towards the TB to gain some of the velocity back...

Quick Reply: s2ki group project