S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

S2000 DIY Footwell Light Harness

Old 10-11-2022, 07:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post S2000 DIY Footwell Light Harness

Due to the high price of the 20th Anniversary Footwell Lights I decided that
I should create my own, but need some pointers on how to create the wire
harness.

I got this idea from @Kyle post.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-mo...w-diy-1204381/
I have tried reaching out to him several times, but no luck.....probably to busy enjoying his S to reply.

Here are my questions:
1. Does adding the footwell light harness to the dome light circuit (under passenger side kick panel)
allow you to control the footwell lights with the dome light switch?

2. As you can see in my image, I am having difficulty completing the DIY wire harness.
I don't care about having the "ILLUM" feature that @Kyle described in his write-up, I
just need to know how to tie it all together from connectors > fuse > ground > 2 lights.
Any help or diagram pictures would be greatly appreciate. I already have the Sumitomo
connectors to create the DIY harness.

OEM 20th Anniversary harness with my drawing (below it) to create it.
Old 10-11-2022, 08:53 AM

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,037 Posts

Not sure you really need the Sumitomo connectors. Think of the KISS principle. You can tie the harness together with solder and heat shrink wrap or just use Posi Lock connectors. You can add a circuit with it's own fuse right on to the circuit you want. That is it really.

I added blue LED footwell lights with an add a circuit connector to the 12V console circuit so the lights are always on with the key in any energized position. You can only see the lights at night as they are not very bright but add ambience.

Old 10-11-2022, 02:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmomiller
Not sure you really need the Sumitomo connectors. Think of the KISS principle. You can tie the harness together with solder and heat shrink wrap or just use Posi Lock connectors. You can add a circuit with it's own fuse right on to the circuit you want. That is it really.

I added blue LED footwell lights with an add a circuit connector to the 12V console circuit so the lights are always on with the key in any energized position. You can only see the lights at night as they are not very bright but add ambience.

Cosmo,
I suppose keeping the OEM look is what I am after. Besides, I already got the Sumitomo connectors, might as well use them.
The main reason to keep the OEM look is because I am trying to confirm if the dome light switch will also control the footwell
lights, since it is on the same circuit. Do you know if that is true or not?
Old 10-11-2022, 08:00 PM

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,037 Posts

I do not know.

I might add mine is pretty OEM looking unless you stick your head under the steering wheel to look at the fuse box. If you do, you will see the add a circuit. Easy to remove, just pull it out. The dim blue lights give a nice dimension at night. The wires are hidden and run behind the headunit.