S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Rsg 3 inch test pipe review

Old 07-14-2015, 03:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rsg 3 inch test pipe review

Since I haven't seen a review on this, I'll just use my input. This is the 3 inch version. Bought this one because I have a custom 3in cat back. When I bought the car, there was some sort of high flow. When I took it off, there was no metal inside so I'm guessing it was just a fake cat or another sound resonator.

Anyways on to the Rsg pipe. Shipping took exactly 1 week from purchase from cali to new England area. Great quality welds and pipe. Cel fix welded on. No cel. Comes with 3 nuts and 3 bolts and the tp itself. Install was simple enough, swapping out the old test pipe for my new one.

Cons: ok so I'm a little nit picky and if I had to say something neutral or negative, it would be that it doesn't come with a gasket after the cat that connects to the midpipe. I had to hack up my old one which took a little time. I cannot find anywhere that sells a gasket online. Everyone has the 2.5in 70mm gasket but not the 3in. The donut gasket (header gasket) should be replaced with a new one if yours is worn out. I didn't replace mine since I felt no leaks after the install but it does seem like it could leak soon. The 3in flange just almost covers the whole donut gasket itself but no leaks.

Performance wise, I went from a 63.5mm (I think) fake tp to a 76mm real tp. Noise was about the same. Barely feel any but dyno numbers. I definitely would recommend this to anyone going 3in full cat back. I'm sure u will feel a lot more on the butt dyno if u have a stock cat and switch everything to a full 3in.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:04 AM

If someone knows where I can buy a 3 inch gasket for the 3 hole side, I'd appreciate it. I don't want to hack up my own or go cheap.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:35 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.jegs.com/i/Kooks+Custom+H...FcESHwodwqAMjQ

http://www.autozone.com/exhaust/perf...llector-gasket

google is your friend

I'm sure there's other options out there. I found them in the past for my Talon
Old 07-16-2015, 07:54 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by billios996
http://www.jegs.com/i/Kooks+Custom+H...FcESHwodwqAMjQ

http://www.autozone.com/exhaust/perf...llector-gasket

google is your friend

I'm sure there's other options out there. I found them in the past for my Talon
Not sure those will line up right.

The s2000 uses a "house" shaped gasket. Not your typical triangular one. 70mm example: Berk 70mm gasket

I do not know where to get a 3" one though.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder if this test pipe will make a difference power wise on a 3 inch berk exhaust. I think they use 70mm test pipes
Old 07-16-2015, 10:23 AM

I know Google is my friend. The 3 hole gasket is not the usual common 3 hole as stated from pure function. Maybe Rockstar garage can pitch in.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At least be happy you got the three bolts and nuts . When I purchased mine I didn't receive any so I had to make a run to the hardware store lol. The pipe is a solid item and then welds on the cel fix are damn near perfect! I'm debating on getting there high flow cat version now to see if it will quiet down my exhaust a bit more since it's pretty loud anything above 4k Rpm
Old 08-01-2015, 08:02 PM

I was set on purchasing this to mate with my 76mm Greddy Revolution RS exhaust until I found out about the gasket issue. I'll send them an email because their website shows a picture of the test pipe installed with a visible gasket, so they either chopped up a stock one as well or they know who sells 76mm house-shaped gaskets.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:00 AM

I contacted Rsg and they said the cat back that we are using should have came with a gasket which is understandable. But I'm still in need on one too.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Contact get motoring. They are in Illinois and make a 3 inch system so should have a gasket.

Quick Reply: Rsg 3 inch test pipe review