S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.
View Poll Results: ROCKET BUNNY BODY KIT FOR THE S2000?
YES
44.70%
NO
55.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

ROCKET BUNNY S2000

Old 10-10-2014 | 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Feezy
Originally Posted by black_EM1' timestamp='1412991026' post='23365285
What's sad is that all they have to do is slap a fancy JDM name on it and people around here will go apeshit over it. Just like that useless Mugen (style, replica most likely) lip that the car has on it.
That's an M&M Honda car so I can pretty much guarantee you it's not a replica part. They actually make a set of side skirts and pieces for the rear bumper that flow very well with that Mugen lip.

As much as I'm not a fan of this kit I do think it's awesome that big name companies are still putting R&D time into the S2000 platform. It gives me hope that there will b a strong aftermarket community for these car for a long while to come.
Yup M&M Honda has been around for a long time. i'm glad to see more parts being produced as well. regardless if i like them or not.
Old 10-10-2014 | 07:55 PM

I agree with feezy and chris lum, but, whoever works for the company and decided it would be a good marketing idea to post pics of a multicolored s with portions left unpainted needs to be fired! It looks very careless and like it was thrown together in a chop shop!
Old 10-10-2014 | 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by MrKlean187
I agree with feezy and chris lum, but, whoever works for the company and decided it would be a good marketing idea to post pics of a multicolored s with portions left unpainted needs to be fired! It looks very careless and like it was thrown together in a chop shop!
Anticipation...teaser...circuit garage thread...
Old 10-11-2014 | 01:50 AM

yes. more please. RBS2000
Old 10-11-2014 | 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
Originally Posted by Feezy' timestamp='1412992136' post='23365305
[quote name='black_EM1' timestamp='1412991026' post='23365285']
What's sad is that all they have to do is slap a fancy JDM name on it and people around here will go apeshit over it. Just like that useless Mugen (style, replica most likely) lip that the car has on it.
That's an M&M Honda car so I can pretty much guarantee you it's not a replica part. They actually make a set of side skirts and pieces for the rear bumper that flow very well with that Mugen lip.

As much as I'm not a fan of this kit I do think it's awesome that big name companies are still putting R&D time into the S2000 platform. It gives me hope that there will b a strong aftermarket community for these car for a long while to come.
Yup M&M Honda has been around for a long time. i'm glad to see more parts being produced as well. regardless if i like them or not.
[/quote]

Consider me corrected, then. I remember them from a few years back, the grey S2000 they put together was/stunning. As well as the TSX kit that they make or made. Regardless of that, this is hideous. If this was made by Forbidden or one of the other companies, nobody would be jumping to defend them. As much as I hope there will continue to be a strong aftermarket for this car for years to come, but I'm not going to get behind something solely based on the name of the company.
Old 10-11-2014 | 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by black_EM1
Consider me corrected, then. I remember them from a few years back, the grey S2000 they put together was/stunning. As well as the TSX kit that they make or made. Regardless of that, this is hideous. If this was made by Forbidden or one of the other companies, nobody would be jumping to defend them. As much as I hope there will continue to be a strong aftermarket for this car for years to come, but I'm not going to get behind something solely based on the name of the company.

You are making things up again. Who has been jumping to defend them? So far it's pretty much unanimous that the design is not attractive, so i'm not sure how you're concluding that people are getting behind this "solely based on the name of the company" either. It's only been clarified (twice) that M&M isn't some cheap half-assed company that would use replica parts.

I don't think it looks good either which is why I couldn't care less whether or not M&M makes this. If Forbidden made this, I would feel the same about it and maybe even give them props for making something from scratch, but they are probably a long way off from that, because hey, that takes originality, design, and most importantly, is less profitable.

On a side note, Miura-San IS considering parts for the s2000. They might not be a full flare or bumper kit for the s2000, but he is, in fact, considering some exterior parts. We'll have to wait to see if they come to fruition. I personally like his design sense and hope he comes out with something good for the s2000, no matter what it is.
Old 10-11-2014 | 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
Originally Posted by black_EM1' timestamp='1413038289' post='23365690

You are making things up again. Who has been jumping to defend them? So far it's pretty much unanimous that the design is not attractive, so i'm not sure how you're concluding that people are getting behind this "solely based on the name of the company" either. It's only been clarified (twice) that M&M isn't some cheap half-assed company that would use replica parts.

I don't think it looks good either which is why I couldn't care less whether or not M&M makes this. If Forbidden made this, I would feel the same about it and maybe even give them props for making something from scratch, but they are probably a long way off from that, because hey, that takes originality, design, and most importantly, is less profitable.

On a side note, Miura-San IS considering parts for the s2000. They might not be a full flare or bumper kit for the s2000, but he is, in fact, considering some exterior parts. We'll have to wait to see if they come to fruition. I personally like his design sense and hope he comes out with something good for the s2000, no matter what it is.
Perhaps there's been some misunderstandings in the responses, although that's what it appeared as to me. More of a defending the company's name than anything, then. I think we're in agreement about that and respect the idea. But I'd rather this not turn into a real/replica debate. Some use them, some don't. I don't, but that's people's preference.

I do like parts of their design model, but quite frankly hate overfenders. However, I would do their TSX kit in a heartbeat, minus the exposed rivets. Or even the grey S2000 I referenced earlier.
Old 10-13-2014 | 01:01 AM

If TRA Kyoto made an actual RB kit for the s2000, I think it would end up pretty sick. The M&M "RB" S2000 is rather atrocious. But they're molding the fenders involving the OEM bumper. RB has a completely different front bumper. Also, I've been eager to sick a wing closely related to the FRS/BRZ RB kit for the S2000, which I think TRA Kyoto could execute nicely. I enjoy all of their kits for the most part though.
Old 10-13-2014 | 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by superbrand0n
If TRA Kyoto made an actual RB kit for the s2000, I think it would end up pretty sick. The M&M "RB" S2000 is rather atrocious. But they're molding the fenders involving the OEM bumper. RB has a completely different front bumper. Also, I've been eager to sick a wing closely related to the FRS/BRZ RB kit for the S2000, which I think TRA Kyoto could execute nicely. I enjoy all of their kits for the most part though.
I believe the M&M Honda "RB" kit is mimicking the V.1 RB kit for the 86, where it's a flare kit, wing, front splitter and side splitters. The V.2 RB kit for 86 is when he started doing a full front bumper. That's where I'm left torn though--the V.2 RB 86 front bumper is pretty awesome IMO, but it's the only car he did that bumper on. His new style full front bumper as seen on the S13, NSX, FD3S is not really my cup of tea. I like the rest of his kits in general, but wish he had carried over the V.2 86 front bumper over instead of using that new design.

But yes, I also agree that if Miura were to design a flare kit for the s2000, it would look much better than the M&M kit. The M&M kit flares look WAY TOO huge. They throw the aesthetic balance way off. For whatever reason though, Miura-San has been quoted saying that he will not be making a kit for the s2000. Maybe that will change in the future. Although I think all these guys copying his style may make him stay away from designing a full flare kit. So far, M&M, Circuit Garage and another company (who I forgot the name of) are all doing "RB" style flares for the s2000. I'm guessing all these other rip-off designs aren't encouraging him to make his own.
Old 10-14-2014 | 12:28 PM

I think it looks alright. Wouldn't mind having it I suppose. But I'm a Spoon lover and would want the Spoon setup instead.

Quick Reply: ROCKET BUNNY S2000