S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Robbins Soft top issue

Old 07-31-2016, 06:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Robbins Soft top issue

Hey guys!
Wanted to get some opinions, thoughts on the issue I'm having with my Robbins soft top.
Just installed in April of this year, along with a HD double diag roll bar and as of a few weeks ago, it has failed.
Super bummed out. Has anyone had this same issue??
I problem I had was the glue from the fabric that wraps around the second bow of the top frame, came undone from the top itself. I can lower the top no issue, but going back up I have to help the second bow up and around and hold it forward until I can latch the top.

The good thing is, I've contacted TopsOnline and Robbins and they've both been very responsive. They are obviously covering the top under warranty.
The bad is I have to do the whole job over again! And working around a roll bar!

Old 08-04-2016, 06:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Update: Received my replacement top yesterday. Got home from work and it was there, unexpectedly. Had no plans last night so figured it get as much done as I could. With a lending hand from a buddy, got the new one on with no issues. Need to button up a few little things and get the interior back in.

First thing I did was open the box and check the spot where mine came apart. I was really worried that this one was going to be junk as well. Guess what I found? STITCHING!
My first top was never stitched across the whole top. Not like they only did half, or just the ends....nothing! Stunned!

So if you're planning to replace your top with a Robbins, maybe look it over really good and make sure the stitching is all there. So you don't have to do the job again!
Old 08-05-2016, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I'm about to order a new Robbins top from TopsOnline.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wineboy
Thanks for the heads up. I'm about to order a new Robbins top from TopsOnline.
I recently installed a Robbins top. Hope mine is stitched there! I'd hate to have to redo it all!
Old 09-21-2016, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The exact same thing happened to my top. I purchased my top in January 2016, so a similar timeframe. Same brand and distributor.

They were quickly responsive and very helpful with sending my warranty replacement. A friend installed it for me the first time so I was not able to request reimbursement for installation. I'm not sure if that would have otherwise been a possibility.