S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Red, Silver or Blue Hard top on a Spa Yellow S2000?

Old 03-17-2011, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red, Silver or Blue Hard top on a Spa Yellow S2000?

I can't find a local Spa yellow hard top and the OEM black hard tops appear to be sold out. I want the OEM since I've heard it is quieter than the aftermarket tops and fits better than a lot of them. Does anyone have any pictures or experience of what the below colors look like on a spa yellow S2000? I heard the rio yellow on spa yellow looks bad. Black on yellow looks good, but people are out of stock on black. I'm finding it hard to visualize what silver on yellow / red on yellow / or blue on yellow would look like. Happen to have any photos of these?

New Formula Red left
Chicane Silver left
Rio Yellow left
Laguna Blue left

If anyone has other hardtop options to reduce roadnoise, I'd consider those as well. Thanks for any help!

Cheers,

Dale
Old 03-17-2011, 12:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No. Yellow or black or nothing. Or Mugen carbon hardtop.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah it would be pretty retarded to pay over $3k for something and have it a wrong color, it will look like you can't afford to paint it or something. Just wait and watch the classifieds, people sell hardtops all the time in Spa or Berlina for decent prices. I actually have a VIS Mugen style top in FRP and painted it Berlina, and it looks great and fits great. If you did get one of those colors you mentioned, get it painted. If you don't wanna pay the $400 to get it painted, wait and find one in the classifieds.

P.S. I saw a brand new Berlina Black OEM hardtop on Ebay, but it's pretty damn expensive.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:12 AM

My hardtop is Silverstone on Suzuka Blue car, I was going to paint it but still haven't bothered. Plus I like how it looks. Silver on yellow though... I don't think would look too good.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I don't think any of those would look good against the yellow. Have a little patience and keep searching to see if one appears. Have you tried the other possible outlets for one? Jays Honda Accessories is showing they have one, but its nearly $2.9k http://store.jayhondaaccessories.com...8S2000Exterior

Good luck.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:53 AM

Thanks for the thoughts. I'll continue to watch the classifieds. It's not that I couldn't pay to get it painted. But on a somewhat dinged up 2001, it seems odd to pay half of what the car is worth for an OEM hardtop, hardware and a paint job.

I was going to go with one of the group buys specials on a replica top, but heard that OEM is much quieter, so now I have my eye glued on craigslist and ebay

- Dale
Old 03-19-2011, 08:43 AM

i just recently ordered a set of spyder's seals to go with my mugen style hardtop and was shipped out on wed. so it should get to me around next week sometime. from what i hear, spyder's seals are great stuff when it comes to eliminating the wind noise. if your on a budget i would def. look into a VIS hardtop and get spyder's seals. that shouldn't put you no more than $1800 shipped and painted.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:53 AM

Since no one answered you, but i dont have pictures, i think Yellow on Red would look interesting...
Old 03-19-2011, 12:24 PM

^^^ For Ronald McDonald maybe. Then all you'd need is full red interior to finish it off.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You better be paid by Mcdonald if you are rocking red ht on your yellow.

Quick Reply: Red, Silver or Blue Hard top on a Spa Yellow S2000?