S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Radium fuel rail

Old 06-19-2017, 05:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radium fuel rail

I know everyone says you don't need an aftermarket fuel rail but I wanted one because it looked cool and I'm going the nitrous route soon and really didn't want to drill and tap my fuel rail. With that being said my issue is once I installed the fuel rail I removed the banjo bolt and hose and installed the radium PTFE AN line house. After that I noticed my AFR acting strange. It bounces around a lot more than it did before on the stock fuel rail and I've seen it randomly jump up to like 16.3 for a second and then slowly climb back down. It hasn't thrown any codes yet but I'm just paranoid. Should I be concerned with this at all? Could removing the banjo fitting and pulse damper affect it that much? I have a MY 04 with 149,000 miles. I also have a AEM X-series wideband gauge which I never calibrated. Could this also have something to do with it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-19-2017, 08:31 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

the fuel rail itself could affect the fuel flow since it's a bigger bore - are you using an EMS or other standalone? you might need to adjust your tune
Old 06-19-2017, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, I don't have anything to tune the car with. I initially had these same questions when I bought it and radium confirmed that just putting the fuel rail on would not require a tune. That's why I was asking on here, if anyone else had something similar happen.