S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Professional suspension tuning

Old 02-17-2009, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Professional suspension tuning

I know a lot of you on here have aftermarket suspension, but I'm curious as to how many of you actually did it strictly as a performance "uprgrade" rather than just a fashion statement.

In my opinion, a proper aftermarket suspension setup is a disgustingly delicate process. Would you think that it would be worth it to spend half a day with a professional tuner that can fine-tune your aftermarket suspension to the absolute best settings that fit your car's components, driving style, and goals?

This is something I'm paranoid about because an improper setup could lead to instant death as proven by many ricers. A lot of people are retards who assume that they know exactly what they're doing when it comes to doing this sort of thing, when there are people whose sole job has been to adjust these things for decades and still make mistakes or take days to property set up a car.

What you think yo?
Old 02-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that you have to ask yourself what you want out of your suspension. That being said, in order to get the most out of your expensive investment with performance being the ultimate goal is a pretty tricky process indeed. I spent 2 + years and countless alignments to get it where I like it. beyond compression and rebound settings including ride height you'll have to get it corner balanced. After that it's all personal preference. After getting your suspension installed I would start at OEM alignment settings or as close to as possible and then move from there. Set you compression/rebound to the manufacturers specs. From this point you will always have a baseline and can move forward. There's a lot of good info so do a search, but in the end it will depend on what you like and how and if you like the car to rotate, and for what type of tracking your doing.

P.S.
I've heard of a lot of bad alignments and setups
but instant death? It would have to be really
messed up.