S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Opinions on the invidia q300

Old 12-25-2012, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on the invidia q300

I am really considering purchasing this exhaust pretty soon but just wanted to get some opinions on it. I just want something that sounds good and doesn't drone a lot. I know the invidia n1 is supposed to drone a lot and is really loud from what I have read. I hear the q300 is supposed to be the quieter of the two. I have done a lot of research and listened to a lot of videos on you tube. The q300 sounds awesome in clips but you never know until you hear it in person. I am going to have the stock cat and header on still which is supposed to also make it not as loud and sound very nice according to what I've read. If anyone has this exhaust I would love to hear your opinions before I spend $600 dollars!! Also I daily drive my car which is another reason why I don't want something really loud.

Thank you in advance!
Old 12-26-2012, 05:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

The Q300 sounds nice with the stock cat, but it will have significantly more drone. However, if you install a test pipe, the drone will be reduced a lot, but it will become abnoxiously loud at full throttle / high RPMs.

If you live near Dallas, TX, you can buy mine, which I just used for a couple weeks for testing.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:38 AM

See thats whats confusing me because ill read where people will say there is no drone at all with the stock cat. I know if i put a test pipe on it will be super loud. I live in south carolina but i will be flying out to texas in june to visit family. Sure you wont have it still buy then haha. I just know this was in my price range so i am going back and forth. Are there any other exhausts you would recommend that are reasonable in price?
Old 12-26-2012, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Gernby
The Q300 sounds nice with the stock cat, but it will have significantly more drone. However, if you install a test pipe, the drone will be reduced a lot, but it will become abnoxiously loud at full throttle / high RPMs.

If you live near Dallas, TX, you can buy mine, which I just used for a couple weeks for testing.
This.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think its abnoxiously loud at full throttle. I do think there is a bit a rasp around the 3krpm mark, but otherwise it does well around, in my opinion.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:53 AM

Is the drone that bad or is it something you could get used to? I am coming from a turbo 240sx so when I first got this car it was weird not having aftermarket exhaust. I do enjoy the quietness of the stock exhaust but i just wanted something to add a little sound.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:55 AM

Reckon do you currently own this exhaust? I dont mind a little drone as long as its not insane. I just know I want to order exhaust this friday and want to make sure I wont regret spending the money.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:56 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

With the stock cat and Q300 I had a bit of drone at the 4,000 RPM mark which was unfortunate because this is a regular cruising speed. Otherwise the exhaust sounded nice and mean, but not raspy or outrageous. With a test pipe the drone turned into rasp and it was loud as fawk in the upper RPMs. Even with a Berk HFC it was still raspy and obnoxious when flooring it. I felt like a ricer. I sold mine and went back to OEM catback shortly after. I was quite upset that most reviews of this exhaust said it was one of the quietest for our cars, and that may be true... but it was still too loud for me, especially with a test pipe or HFC.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:03 AM

Yea thats all i hear is that its the quiet exhaust. I was looking at the tanabe touring but its out of my price range right now. Kinda stuck on what to do
Old 12-26-2012, 06:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do own it and have an Invidia 70mm TP. The rasp os there between the 3-4k rpm range, but only if you go hard on the throttle. I have no issues with my combination at high rpms. Other than the slight rasp as mentioned, I really love the combo!

Quick Reply: Opinions on the invidia q300