S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Oil Drain Valves from JS2K

Old 08-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I bought mine from JS2K.com, and love it. I've had this valve on multiple cars, and actually think it's a benefit that it drains slow. Even if you do take your car to a shop, it's better for it to drain slow, so they don't cut it short! If the engine is hot, then there will be oil up in the head that needs to drain down to the plug. The longer it takes for the pan to drain, the longer the oil from the head will have to drain to the pan.

I do worry about hitting road debris that might "remove" the valve, but that would just wind up being a new engine from insurance...
Old 08-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Insurance would cover that? I would highly doubt that especially if the car is lowered or if they look under the car and notice the valve.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
Originally Posted by CR Matey!' timestamp='1345416226' post='21948875
Hi, I happen to have the Fumitomo drain bolt and it works great! However my catch pan (has a nice design that allows me to pour it into my oil bucket I use to send off for recycling) sits too tall so I need to raise my S2K. Any recommended catch pans that you guys use that will slip through the clearance of a CR? Obviously turkey pan will work, but I want something better
Not trying to come off as a dick, but take a stroll down any Advanced Auto or Walmart. I know both of mine have a metric shit ton of low clearance pans that hold 6qts of oil. Some are open top and there a few with spouts.

Naw don't think you came across as a dick, but I wish you could just point to me what you are using

There is no Walmart near where I am at but the local Autozone which is where I got my existing pan. The CR sits too low -- you guys mind sharing the brand of what you are using? I can just order that model online. Amazon has jack.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Moddiction
Insurance would cover that? I would highly doubt that especially if the car is lowered or if they look under the car and notice the valve.
If your engine is damaged by you running over something, then it will be covered by insurance. They may raise your rates or cancel you, but they will cover it. Inusrance is not like a warranty, where they can deny coverage due to aftermarket modifications.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:08 AM

Received 419 Likes on 240 Posts

Just buy an intake instead then you can just reach down and unscrew the oem.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
I bought mine from JS2K.com, and love it. I've had this valve on multiple cars, and actually think it's a benefit that it drains slow. Even if you do take your car to a shop, it's better for it to drain slow, so they don't cut it short! If the engine is hot, then there will be oil up in the head that needs to drain down to the plug. The longer it takes for the pan to drain, the longer the oil from the head will have to drain to the pan.

I do worry about hitting road debris that might "remove" the valve, but that would just wind up being a new engine from insurance...
Without looking, I think anything that stood tall enough in the roadway to hit the pan, would come in contact with the bumper first. The valve doesn't sit below the pan, it juts out in front of it. Anything that should come in contact with the valve would probably come in contact with the pan if the valve wasn't there. Can't say that anything isn't possible but still giving it one in a million.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:21 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CR Matey!
Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan' timestamp='1345422747' post='21949029
[quote name='CR Matey!' timestamp='1345416226' post='21948875']
Hi, I happen to have the Fumitomo drain bolt and it works great! However my catch pan (has a nice design that allows me to pour it into my oil bucket I use to send off for recycling) sits too tall so I need to raise my S2K. Any recommended catch pans that you guys use that will slip through the clearance of a CR? Obviously turkey pan will work, but I want something better
Not trying to come off as a dick, but take a stroll down any Advanced Auto or Walmart. I know both of mine have a metric shit ton of low clearance pans that hold 6qts of oil. Some are open top and there a few with spouts.

Naw don't think you came across as a dick, but I wish you could just point to me what you are using

There is no Walmart near where I am at but the local Autozone which is where I got my existing pan. The CR sits too low -- you guys mind sharing the brand of what you are using? I can just order that model online. Amazon has jack.
[/quote]

I've got a 6qt variant of this:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=475368_0_0_

Looks identical to it. Autozone doesn't have the one I bought - mine might be Advanced Auto or Walmart. It goes under my S2000 that's tucking the tips of the front tires.

Think I have this one:

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...Term=drain+pan
Old 08-22-2012, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wait, these aren't stock? I thought the one on mine was stock and that Honda was just that awesome. I love how easy and clean oil changes are
Old 08-22-2012, 09:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
Originally Posted by Moddiction' timestamp='1345427494' post='21949178
If your engine is damaged by you running over something, then it will be covered by insurance. They may raise your rates or cancel you, but they will cover it. Inusrance is not like a warranty, where they can deny coverage due to aftermarket modifications.
I'm dealing with a comprehensive claims right now (actually, my first ever insurance claim) and StateFarm is treating me great. It's not relevant to my situation at all, but I am curious:

Can your insurance deny a claim, if the car isn't supposed to be on the road because of mods? i.e. Running a test pipe in CA makes your car not public-road legal, if you wreck on say, a public highway, can they say "Well it shouldn't have been on the road to begin with?".
Old 08-22-2012, 09:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by whiteflash
Originally Posted by Gernby' timestamp='1345469751' post='21949958
[quote name='Moddiction' timestamp='1345427494' post='21949178']
I'm dealing with a comprehensive claims right now (actually, my first ever insurance claim) and StateFarm is treating me great. It's not relevant to my situation at all, but I am curious:

Can your insurance deny a claim, if the car isn't supposed to be on the road because of mods? i.e. Running a test pipe in CA makes your car not public-road legal, if you wreck on say, a public highway, can they say "Well it shouldn't have been on the road to begin with?".
[/quote]
I guess they could say anything but they wouldn't dare deny a claim for any aftermarket part. If they could, OEM would be the only avenue for repair which will never happen.

Quick Reply: Oil Drain Valves from JS2K