S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Oil Drain Valves from JS2K

Old 04-20-2012, 02:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My oil pan was a little stripped, so instead of fixing it the right way, I JBwelded one of these in there. Its holding up very well. I just did my first oil change (ironically on a lift at work, totally taking the point away haha) and it just took a really long time to drain. Probably about as long as it would take to jack up one side of your car.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nicholastjs
Does anyone install this oil drain valve on their car?
Discussed quite a bit in existing threads:
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...om&safe=active

Originally Posted by nicholastjs
It seems very convenient for future oil change, but I'm not sure if it will leak or if there's any other possible issue with it.
Never had problems with mine but I removed it as I didn't want to chance it. You probably won't have problems if you install it properly but there are no guarantees. Read up on those who have had problems and decide for yourself.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by grkboy707
My oil pan was a little stripped, so instead of fixing it the right way, I JBwelded one of these in there. Its holding up very well. I just did my first oil change (ironically on a lift at work, totally taking the point away haha) and it just took a really long time to drain. Probably about as long as it would take to jack up one side of your car.
Others have mentioned the slowness of the drain. Honestly, I've haven't noticed this at all. It probably does drain a little slower but timewise it is really of no consequence. Maybe the design has improved or changed?
Old 04-20-2012, 12:52 PM

When you drain it are you guys taking the top cap off? The reason for the slow drain might be the vacuum the engine has.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:04 PM

I wrote this a while ago. might be worth a read.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/730...#entry17116093
Old 04-20-2012, 03:41 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I had issues getting mine to go on with the valve not being turned upside down.. I got tired of playing around with it eventually and put the bolt back in..
Old 04-20-2012, 07:14 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I bought fumoto drain valve for every vehicle I owned (about 6) except the S. Reason for not getting one, I change oil only twice a year and the car sits so low on the ground.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:30 PM

I have had mine for about a year now and I must say I really like it. You need to make sure you put yours on really tight when installing it so you dont get a small leak but once I re tightened it up I have had no issues. Its really great to do oil changes with, you just open the top up and slid a catch pan under and you are good to go. I love not having to jack the car up and get under it. It does drain a little slower then it would if you used a normal drain plug but I think it is still totally worth it. Plus the vendor is awesome with customer service, he will make sure you are happy and take care of you!
Old 08-19-2012, 02:43 PM

Hi, I happen to have the Fumitomo drain bolt and it works great! However my catch pan (has a nice design that allows me to pour it into my oil bucket I use to send off for recycling) sits too tall so I need to raise my S2K. Any recommended catch pans that you guys use that will slip through the clearance of a CR? Obviously turkey pan will work, but I want something better

Old 08-19-2012, 04:32 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CR Matey!
Hi, I happen to have the Fumitomo drain bolt and it works great! However my catch pan (has a nice design that allows me to pour it into my oil bucket I use to send off for recycling) sits too tall so I need to raise my S2K. Any recommended catch pans that you guys use that will slip through the clearance of a CR? Obviously turkey pan will work, but I want something better

Not trying to come off as a dick, but take a stroll down any Advanced Auto or Walmart. I know both of mine have a metric shit ton of low clearance pans that hold 6qts of oil. Some are open top and there a few with spouts.

Quick Reply: Oil Drain Valves from JS2K