S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Official CAI Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 08:40 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hockey,Dec 11 2007, 10:20 AM
Yes, the filter is in the same location. One thing to watch for is that on the V2, the filter is pointed up slightly. This can be problematic as it tends to trap water in the tubing. More than one owner has reported having troubles because the pipe is not able to drain and they ingested water into the motor. You don't have to go puddle-hopping or across flooded intersections to run into trouble.

Some have adapted an "umbrella" to cover the top of the filter. This helps to protect it from above.

Consider plugging the front left drain hole in the engine compartment. It is directly over the filter and soaks it when doing something something as simple as washing the car or sitting in the rain.

-Hockey
it's all true. However what most don't know is that a lot of this is because people forget to cover the openings under the hood to stop the water from dropping right onto the filter. Also I'm many don't know that the newest design V2 has a small drain at the bottom of the curve just before the filter which was put there to drain out any water that may get collected. Wish I had pictures to show this.

For those tht are worried about cold airs and hydrolock. I had the V2 on the S for 3 years, and drove out on many rainy days(some really bad ones) with never having a problem. I did avoid large puddles forming on the street corners. From what I remember a little water is ok and actually good for the motor. As long as you do not submerge the filter in water then you will be ok.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The V2 is actually engineered instead of just a pipe with a cone filter at the end.

http://www.dcsports.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=30
Old 12-13-2007, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still need to drill an 1-2mm hole on the bottom of the elbow on the Aem V2, i already had thet in my mind but now i hear aem has already made that into production

The aem gave me some GREAT mid-range power tough! Really noticable!
Old 12-13-2007, 09:50 AM

at the morons spending THOUSANDS of dollars on an INTAKE for an N/A car when a supercharger setup that actually...you know...makes power and can look all blinged out can be had for not much more...
Old 12-13-2007, 05:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hehehe.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by AirborneS2K,Dec 13 2007, 10:50 AM
at the morons spending THOUSANDS of dollars on an INTAKE for an N/A car when a supercharger setup that actually...you know...makes power and can look all blinged out can be had for not much more...

i dunno about thousands. for a few hundred intake improves sound nicely. and some ppl dont want to blow there motor pre-maturely on a car they want to street drive for 100 k+ miles.
my intake may not really perform but it sounds and looks sick!! IMO
Old 12-14-2007, 09:02 AM

On crack..... LMAO! You are all not the first to tell me that I am on crack!

Ok.... im wrong..... D'OH.......

Chad
Old 12-14-2007, 10:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S2 Jay,Dec 14 2007, 12:21 PM

i dunno about thousands. for a few hundred intake improves sound nicely. and some ppl dont want to blow there motor pre-maturely on a car they want to street drive for 100 k+ miles.
my intake may not really perform but it sounds and looks sick!! IMO
He was basically talking about the big names like ASM, MUGEN, and J's...

I do want me a nice comptech intake though. If not, then I'm going to end up vortech'd or something.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:10 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=GyozA,Dec 14 2007, 11:44 AM] He was basically talking about the big names like ASM, MUGEN, and J's...
Old 12-17-2007, 01:23 PM

Hey guys, i am tossing up between the aem v1 and v2 for my s2k, ive used the search function to try and chase up the dyno graphs for both in comparison but all the links seem to be dead.

can anyone help me out in determining if there is a noticeable difference between the v1 and v2?
also where the v2 makes more power over the v1?

thanks

Quick Reply: Official CAI Thread