S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

OEM rear spoiler for AP2...

Old 09-25-2010 | 02:16 PM

Hey, I just thought I would chime in here. I bought a spoiler from a outfit in Taiwan on eBay. I know it sounds crazy, but it was such a great deal. It included custom color matching for only $75! The shipping was $49 so that put it closer to $120. Still, it was way cheap for a painted rear spoiler. The seller's name is "bc.moto"

I didn't have the heart to drill my spoiler either so I used trim tape. I used a lot of it. It's only been on a few days, but it looks to be holding so far.

I thought I'd include a few pictures of my car with the spoiler. It's really a quality piece for the price. The paintwork is very good and it arrived super fast! I am in California.

Here's another view.

It did include a bottle of some industrial adhesive, which I didn't use. It's also pretapped for screws that also came with it. From what I can tell, it didn't exactly line up with the OEM holes.

As for the color match, I'd say it was about a 8/10. It's great in most lighting situations, but there are a few times when the spoiler looks a bit "gray" compared to the rest of the car. Overall, it's still a great deal though for the price.

Song
Old 09-25-2010 | 02:29 PM

Oh while I am at it, I thought I would also show you a front spoiler that I got from another outfit using eBay. This one was in Southern California. This was a front spoiler that I thought was pretty unique. I'm not sure what to call it, only that I hadn't seen one like this before. It was $50 + shipping. I think the shipping was $35.

In any case, I thought it looked great. One bad side effect is that my car sits way low now. I already scraped it twice. It's made of a super flexible polyurethane though. So flexible that my paint guy is afraid the paint may come off in the future. For now, it looks fabulous.

So what's with all these changes? Well about 2 weeks ago someone backed into my front passenger fender. It required a fix and repaint of the bumper and fender. I thought I would take advantage of the opportunity to update my car. I have a first year S2000 with less than 48K miles on it. It still looks amazing.

Song