S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Odyssey yellow fog lights

Old 09-09-2011, 05:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice havent seen the oddesy fogs yet. good job guys
Old 02-23-2012, 03:42 PM

So did that drain hole tape thing do the trick?
Old 02-23-2012, 05:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This looks like something I would like to do on my ap1, smoked odyssey lights on my silverstone would look great! I will also be waiting on the Diy. Before doing this & cutting my bumper, I would like to see them in person and see how fitment really is, maybe ill get lucky and catch an ap1 in a future car meet with them
Old 02-25-2012, 03:38 PM

I realize this topic is very old, but installing HIDs in this housing is a very bad idea. The lens is in no way designed to handle a HID bulb and will result in a awful beam pattern that will blind oncoming drivers. HID bulbs need a properly designed (preferably projector) housing - otherwise you will just be throwing a lot of light in every direction but where you want it, and risking the safety of others on the road in the process.

I feel like an old man on these forums these days.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by MagnumXL2
I realize this topic is very old, but installing HIDs in this housing is a very bad idea. The lens is in no way designed to handle a HID bulb and will result in a awful beam pattern that will blind oncoming drivers. HID bulbs need a properly designed (preferably projector) housing - otherwise you will just be throwing a lot of light in every direction but where you want it, and risking the safety of others on the road in the process.

Depends on how you want to use them I guess. Since matching the headlights light would be nearly impossible, I may go with a yellow bulb, since theyre what supposedly cuts through fog best. I would look like a total douche driving around with yellow lights, so I'll only have them on when theyres heavy fog. If the HIDs are used like that, it wont really cause a problem
Old 02-27-2012, 12:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love fogs but my AEM cold air is right there and that wins over fogs
Old 02-27-2012, 12:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fogs fit with the aem intake.
The do hit but its not a biggy.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by grkboy707
Originally Posted by MagnumXL2' timestamp='1330216716' post='21451316

Depends on how you want to use them I guess. Since matching the headlights light would be nearly impossible, I may go with a yellow bulb, since theyre what supposedly cuts through fog best. I would look like a total douche driving around with yellow lights, so I'll only have them on when theyres heavy fog. If the HIDs are used like that, it wont really cause a problem
I would say that you would be in a minority if you only use your fogs in heavy fog conditions. I feel the vast majority run with them on for looks. Even if that is not the case, and you are using them only for heavy fog conditions, the HID bulb will provide little benefit. Fog lights need to be low to the ground (you have that covered) and should ideally be pointed somewhat towards the ground (depends on your installation) with a reasonably sharp cutoff. Putting the incorrect bulb in the housing changes the location of the light source within the housing. Look at this:

Name:  KGrK2.png
Views: 15
Size:  7.9 KB

Location "F" in the above image would be your light source. The parabolic reflector is designed for a specific "F" that is based on a specific bulb. With the correct "F", the ray PQ is designed such that you don't have excessive light heading towards oncoming drivers, with the majority aimed towards the road where it is reflected back to the eyes of the driver. Changing the location of "F" alters the direction of the PQ ray. If you put the incorrect bulb in the housing, you could very well end up creating a very poorly dispersed light source that could do more harm than good. This would likely be more critical in the case of fog lights, as this pattern could be dispersed much further upwards than intended and have a similar effect to putting your high beams on in the fog.

I guess I would just end it like this. The HID low beams are on the S2000 are some of the finest that have ever been produced, even 13 years after their design. You throwing a bright bulb in an Odyssey housing and thinking you are going to improve on what the engineers that do this for a living is... questionable.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nj-s2k-rob
I'm sure it will fit, but that hole is used to grab air right now lol, would be a shame to close it up
Old 02-28-2012, 10:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by devildust
Originally Posted by nj-s2k-rob' timestamp='1330378267' post='21456269
I'm sure it will fit, but that hole is used to grab air right now lol, would be a shame to close it up
When I had the aem I opened an air way from the grill.

Quick Reply: Odyssey yellow fog lights