S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

A new Momo toy for the S!

Old 04-22-2008, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A new Momo toy for the S!

Well, i finally got around to getting the steering wheel i've been wanting for a long time... i was introduced to this wheel a little while back by our Momo supplier (who is also the largest distributor of Momo products in the US afaik), and the whole idea, is that it is the "drift style" steering wheel, but without the drift cursive script, and it is suede instead of normal leather... Momo sent 9 of these wheels ot the US, and this is one of them

The hub adapter kit includes the Airbag delete circuit, and everything goes together as easy as pie... the only thing i had to make, was a custom aluminum bracket that would mount my cruise control switches to, so that way i wouldn't lose the functionality of them.

I love this wheel though... it sits about 1" closer to me than stock, and makes driving the car feel perfect now and of course Momo with their yellow logo and stripes goes quite nicely with the whole theme... Enjoy!

And when i was buttoning that up, a new present arrived from our CEramic Coating house... they got a brand new ceramic coat finish in for me to test out on my S

And yes, i know this header supposedly sucks, but i bought it expressely to test out this new coating, so i didn't care... it was cheap
Old 04-22-2008, 11:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

clean wheel
Old 04-22-2008, 11:59 AM

do you have any pics of the bracket you made for the cruise control? I also have a MOMO wheels and been wanting to make on. Thanks!
Old 04-22-2008, 12:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

clean bracket! and nice wheel the only thing I don't like about those styles of wheels is that the turn signal switch is now farther away from the wheel meaning that you really have to stretch to flick the turn signal.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:18 PM

Its ok, we don't use turn signals down here in Florida anyhow hahaha! Kidding... i'd rather stretch a bit to reach the blinker in order to have a much better seeting/arm position while driving/racing.

Carbon: No, i'm sorry, i did not take any pictures of it before i installed it. But it isn't far from what you could imagine it is.. a ring with a tab off one side of it that the cruise controls bolt to. If its something you GOTTA have, let me know, and i can make another one for you
Old 04-22-2008, 12:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks Hot !!!
Old 04-22-2008, 03:15 PM

Wow bro, that is definitely the nicest rig for the CC that I've ever seen on an aftermarket wheel. Props to you for having enough skill to pull that off!
Old 04-22-2008, 06:23 PM

nice cruise control mod. looks sick.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:29 PM

HOT Wheel!
Old 04-22-2008, 08:59 PM

You should sell that cruise control bracket, I would buy one.

Quick Reply: A new Momo toy for the S!