S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

new clutch grabbing to high

Old 10-22-2010, 04:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new clutch grabbing to high

Please help me i just put a competition clutch stage four kit, new pilot and throwout bearings and clutch grabs to high, the pedal is almost fully depresed and then it grabs about a quater inch before fully brelasing the clutch. I blead the slave cylinder and asjusted the pedal. Is there anything else im missing any help is apreciated thanks.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

If you are saying that the clutch disengages when you've just pushed the clutch pedal just a little bit, then it sounds like it's perfectly fine. If you want to shorten the pedal travel so that that the engagement will be closer to the floor, then you can do that by adjusting the clutch pedal switch and push rod.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:46 AM

Is there a guide posted posted for this?
Old 10-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

There are some guides, if you do a search for "clutch pedal adjustment". However, here is a post I made about it years ago. Just make absolute sure that there is still some free play in the clutch pedal.

The pedal has two adjuster screws. Both adjustments are made by loosening a locknut at the pedal, then turning the adjuster. One adjustment is to turn the clutch switch that is at the top front of the pedal. The other is to turn the push rod that goes into the clutch master cylinder. These two can be used in combination to remove the excess play and / or change the normal pedal height and stroke.

If you have excess play, and you want to lower the pedal, then just adjust the clutch switch to lower the pedal. If you want to keep the pedal where it is, but reduce the play, then turn the pushrod until it starts to engage the master cylinder. MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE SOME PLAY, OR THE MASTER CYLINDER WILL NOT ALLOW THE CLUTCH TO FULLY ENGAGE.

I adjusted mine so that the clutch starts to disengage the clutch as soon as I start pressing the pedal. This helps to reduce the amount of grinding I get from 1st to 2nd. It also allows me to shift my other gears quickly without pushing the clutch pedal all the way to the floor.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:10 PM

couldnt find the ebay thread but this will help here or for others looking for a new clutch, or might help i guess, but on ebay there are a lot of exedy replacements for sale pretty cheap......idk if i would go that route, but some do or did, or if you are still having an issue with yours, this could be an option.