S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Need help picking out hardtop and seats

Old 01-19-2010, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help picking out hardtop and seats

It was a very sad day and I've been having a crummy weak since this happened.

On the bright side my insurance company is gonna cut me a check and I'm looking at hardtops and new seats. Since my rails are missing and I dont have a seatbelt plug I was wondering what to do. What kind of seat rails should I get? Should I get harnesses or another seat belt plug? I'm looking at Corbeau, Silk, NRG, Tenzo R... cloth would be nice but if something black leather is a good price I would go with that. something cheap but good, I want to leave money for the hardtop. Which brings me to that, the OEM is so nice. It has the defroster, a beautiful headliner, but it costs 3 grand. I can get a mugen knockoff for 800, and a CF mugen knockoff for 1000. The hardware kits are around 800-900 with a window. Anyone know where to get a hardware kit for cheap? I can paint the top myself. And if anyone knows where to find some stolen S2000 seats, please give me the address...
Old 01-19-2010, 11:38 PM

Sorry to see that mate. I had mine done (and posted on here) that was twice the size of your cut. They left my seats alone.
Honda charged about $4500 for a new hood so you have ALOT of money to play with, and the seats don't come cheap either.
Dont get harnesses, search on here for what you need to do to your car to get them to fit AND be safe!
I would go for Bride seats. Are you ditching the soft top altogether? Can't say i would ever sacrifice the soft top, and dont think your car is really any more secure with fibreglass roof.... Just my 2p worth
Old 01-20-2010, 12:13 AM

As for your insurance company...get the highest quote possible: go to Honda and ask....might total your car though..hmm
Old 01-20-2010, 05:18 AM

well, that sucks... go on ebay, you might buy your own seats back. how much are you looking to play with? ive seen some go for cheap, but i think the insurance company wants you to take it to a shop to get the work done.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:23 AM

I have some seat belt buckles from my 04 that will fit your car and will bolt on to the rails you plan to get...hit me up if interested
Old 01-20-2010, 11:18 AM

I've got 6 grand to get whatever I want. The seats went for 2Gs each and the top was 2Gs also. I was thinking about removing the soft top, get some weight off the car and I dont mind taking the hardtop on and off. I hear its easy once its installed. I think I might do an OEM hardtop now that I know I have enough money, but I'm still having troubles finding out what seat rails to go with and how the seat belt is gonna hook up to it. When I look them up online, some have sliders, some are just brackets that only attach to certain manufacturers. At least thats how it looks. Can anyone shed some light? Maybe post what parts you got when you changed out the seats? Thanks.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

splatter what's your location? it'd help the local people to keep an eye out for seat sellers from your metro...
Old 01-20-2010, 08:06 PM

Aurora, IL. So DuPage County. I know some prick in a civic is driving around with them by now. (no offense to civic owners)
Old 01-20-2010, 08:36 PM

damn that sucks man. I would go with an oem hardtop for sure. you could prob pick one up for 3k shipped with all hardware in the classifieds section. I have been seeing them go for 2000-2500 complete.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by splatter85,Jan 20 2010, 09:06 PM
Aurora, IL. So DuPage County. I know some prick in a civic is driving around with them by now. (no offense to civic owners)
give us a call or email at the shop ( were local to you ) ill try and give you a few options if you like.

Greg

Quick Reply: Need help picking out hardtop and seats