S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

need help installing OEM HT on MY00.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will work, but the fronts will eventually wear and vibrate. But OEM front and rear are good if you want to remove it on good weather days.

Did you buy this from someone? If so, can you get the mounting hardware from them?

Did you check hardtopguy or majestic honda?

If you order from Majestic, you need parts #19 (85300-S2A-902) and #20 (85350-S2A-902), and probably the bolts for it #33 and #37.

Not sure which part the defroster kit is. Not sure who's running hardtopguy now, but they should be able to give you an answer.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:21 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Defroster harness is a separate category.

Wire harness (hardtop)

For a 2000, the correct part #s will depend on your VIN.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by shinigamiz
It will work, but the fronts will eventually wear and vibrate. But OEM front and rear are good if you want to remove it on good weather days.

Did you buy this from someone? If so, can you get the mounting hardware from them?

If you order from Majestic, you need parts #19 (85300-S2A-902) and #20 (85350-S2A-902), and probably the bolts for it #33 and #37.

Not sure which part the defroster kit is. Not sure who's running hardtopguy now, but they should be able to give you an answer.
yeah i had the hardware for the rear, but i believe i misplaced the catchers when i moved out. Im probably just going to go with izzy rear brackets for more security.

Originally Posted by 9k_on_occasion

Wire harness (hardtop)

Not looking to use the defroster so i think i wont need the harness correct?
Old 07-31-2013, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sp00nFEDcrx
Originally Posted by shinigamiz' timestamp='1375288338' post='22698272

yeah i had the hardware for the rear, but i believe i misplaced the catchers when i moved out. Im probably just going to go with izzy rear brackets for more security.

Wire harness (hardtop)

If you want more security, go with AlloyCraft's V1 locking fronts https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/846...ard-top-locks/. The mounts are one pieces, but they have a locking cover that goes over it. It makes it pretty obvious when you look at it that it won't be as easily removed as OEM.

I haven't seen any rears that do much for security, even if you have the normal types of security screws/bolts. Not sure if this is true, but you might need to find a way to pull the top down while bolting the rears in to get a good seal from wind noise. I have OEM rears and even then I have a tiny bit of wind noise on the driver's side when I get to cruising speed.

You're lucky if you don't need to use the defroster. I end up using it year round where I live, snow and ice in the winter, rain or humidity in the spring and summer. I might luck out in fall.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:03 AM

You need #3 to lock out the soft top, but if you're not using the OEM side catchers then it doesn't matter (and you should unplug the console switch for the soft top).
Old 08-01-2013, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by shinigamiz
Originally Posted by Sp00nFEDcrx' timestamp='1375306409' post='22699069
[quote name='shinigamiz' timestamp='1375288338' post='22698272']

Wire harness (hardtop)

If you want more security, go with AlloyCraft's V1 locking fronts https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/846...ard-top-locks/. The mounts are one pieces, but they have a locking cover that goes over it. It makes it pretty obvious when you look at it that it won't be as easily removed as OEM.

I haven't seen any rears that do much for security, even if you have the normal types of security screws/bolts. Not sure if this is true, but you might need to find a way to pull the top down while bolting the rears in to get a good seal from wind noise. I have OEM rears and even then I have a tiny bit of wind noise on the driver's side when I get to cruising speed.

You're lucky if you don't need to use the defroster. I end up using it year round where I live, snow and ice in the winter, rain or humidity in the spring and summer. I might luck out in fall.
[/quote]
ok thanks will look into it, also im in Arizona so i really see no use for the defroster fortunately.

Originally Posted by Sp00nFEDcrx' timestamp='1375306409' post='22699069
You need #3 to lock out the soft top, but if you're not using the OEM side catchers then it doesn't matter (and you should unplug the console switch for the soft top).
How do i go about unplugging the console switch for the soft top?
Old 08-01-2013, 12:33 PM

you don't need to unplug the softtop switch honestly. only if you're a dunbass that tries to put the soft top up with the hardtop in place. I have a MY00 as well and don't have the defroster installed, the front ones work quite well for the rear since the cabin is so small
Old 08-01-2013, 03:49 PM

How do i go about unplugging the console switch for the soft top?
Pop the entire center console out (a panel popper tool is good but it can be done with a small flat-blade screwdriver if you're very careful), then reach under it and unlatch the wire connector for the switch. Might want to ziptie the connector somewhere to keep it from rattling around.