S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Mugen wing functional at all?

Old 03-27-2012, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drkphnx
Let the guy buy whatever he wants for his car, you don't like fake parts don't buy them. sorry we can't all afford authentic baller parts lol. My mugen style seibon hood does the same thing the mugen one does, sure its heavier but I don't care. My Tenzo wing puts down a lot of downforce, cost me $200 used, and doesn't flex at high speeds. I sold it to a member that tracks his S frequently, after I took it off I noticed a huge difference in handling at higher speeds. Just because it's not authentic doesn't mean it's not quality. A consumer has a choice in what to buy and from whom, there are companies that make cheap crappy parts, but that doesn't mean they all do. Do research on a product and company and make your own decision, don't let others make it for you. If you want functional, looks ok and doesn't cost and arm and a leg look at the tenzo, sorry it's not baller. Here's a pic of the wing on my car, the risers can be made wider.

Link to wing:
http://www.autoaccessorysite.com/ext...enzo_wings.htm
you have a replica wing and wheels but an t1r 70r-em dual sparrow? trade me exhausts
Old 03-27-2012, 09:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drkphnx
Let the guy buy whatever he wants for his car, you don't like fake parts don't buy them. sorry we can't all afford authentic baller parts lol. My mugen style seibon hood does the same thing the mugen one does, sure its heavier but I don't care. My Tenzo wing puts down a lot of downforce, cost me $200 used, and doesn't flex at high speeds. I sold it to a member that tracks his S frequently, after I took it off I noticed a huge difference in handling at higher speeds. Just because it's not authentic doesn't mean it's not quality. A consumer has a choice in what to buy and from whom, there are companies that make cheap crappy parts, but that doesn't mean they all do. Do research on a product and company and make your own decision, don't let others make it for you. If you want functional, looks ok and doesn't cost and arm and a leg look at the tenzo, sorry it's not baller. Here's a pic of the wing on my car, the risers can be made wider.

Link to wing:
http://www.autoaccessorysite.com/ext...enzo_wings.htm
Thanks for the advice buddy Glad to hear it works great! I will keep it in mind while shopping for wings!

Originally Posted by GravyRobber
Originally Posted by drkphnx' timestamp='1332866651' post='21548317
Hey I can't afford "baller" parts either, so I just don't have them. I'd rather be OEM than fake. To each his own though. The thing is, fake parts are slowly destroying the aftermarket industry. Authentic parts can be had used for a reasonable price. Wouldn't you rather support the company that did all the R&D to bring you a quality part? Or support the company that pays a Chinese child $2/day to crank out a part that is a blatant rip-off of the original? I know there are exceptions, but in general, that is the case.

Sorry to rant, but this stuff just bothers me. I had my fair share of fake parts on my WRX. I regret having ever purchased them. It just felt wrong. Just think, if "company a" spends months or years, and tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars developing a top-notch, quality part, only to have it ripped off and re-sold for 1/4 the price by "company c", do you think they will continue to engineer parts in the future?
I can understand where you are coming from. But buying used supports no body. Mugen gets nothing out of the sell. This is why I didn't post this in the JDM forum. I have been in the military for 5 years and I am a SSgt and still don't make enough to buy baller jdm parts.If I payed like 3 grand for a hood 2k for a exhaust 1500 for intake and then like 1,500 for a wing I have already spent 7,000 on only a hand full of parts for a car that cost 15,000 roughly. I wreck the car at the track all these rare parts a ruined and I am out a shit ton of money
Old 03-27-2012, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by AdeJong03
you have a replica wing and wheels but an t1r 70r-em dual sparrow? trade me exhausts
Only replica parts are the hood and lip, not sure if tenzo ripped off the wing from someone or not. CE's are the only part i bought new, but from a member, not a vendor, lol everything else is used. And I got rid of my Amuse R1000 for the Dual sparrow, my neighbors are happier lol.

I'm not saying don't buy "real" parts, but for those that are on a budget, it may be hard to pay full price if you can't find them used. Every part is copied and even if you dont realize it, 50% or more of the things you own in your household are not the original. you may buy off brand clothes, or electronics or food. It's almost impossible to support the "original" maker of anything these days. Do you own a computer? is it an IBM? because pretty much anyone after that ripped them off. And like OP said, buying used doesn't support anyone at all, and by that, I guess I haven't supported anyone since all my stuff is used lol.

And OP, you need to get married and collect that BAH lol
Old 03-27-2012, 10:02 PM

Lol I am married, sad part is I am stationed at Holloman AFB where Bah is $1050 a month but It's almost impossible to find a house I would be caught dead in for less than 1500 a month plus utilities. Now I pay soaring Heights (privatized housing company on base) my entire BAH for a house honestly worth about $600 a month I can't wait to use my GI bill to get a good paying job and stop turning wrenches on air planes for little to nothing!
Old 03-28-2012, 05:16 AM

There is a few pics of mine

Name:  48D36298.jpg
Views: 3505
Size:  294.1 KB

Name:  1A59F1EB-orig.jpg
Views: 4194
Size:  138.5 KB

Wish my center was painted. I dont like the full cf
Old 03-28-2012, 05:23 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,841 Likes on 2,062 Posts

Can we please not turn this into another fake vs replica battle.

Thanks.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:26 AM

Proud to rep FAKE.
-Seibon MG
I have the risers, and anywhere bellow bout 90mph i can unbolt it and i dont notice any significant difference, if i max out angle you can notice a slightly less loose feel on the rear end if you jerk around a bit. i keep mine on risers but set @ lowest angle unless i plan on doing something stupid.

Name:  2012-03-17_21-49-42_187.jpg
Views: 4319
Size:  73.1 KB
Old 03-28-2012, 05:59 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

lol...this thread has gone from technical discussion to a discussion why our economy fail due to replicas.

So let's get back on track and discuss about Mugen wing functional or not? Fellas and ladies if you are running Mugen wing (rep or real) please tell us your experience on track, off track, street, high speed, low speed, with it on, with it off, any riser, etc...PICTURES too if you have any. Thanks
Old 03-28-2012, 06:04 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Importedpower
Proud to rep FAKE.-Seibon MGI have the risers, and anywhere bellow bout 90mph i can unbolt it and i dont notice any significant difference, if i max out angle you can notice a slightly less loose feel on the rear end if you jerk around a bit. i keep mine on risers but set @ lowest angle unless i plan on doing something stupid.

Do you run with your top on or off? Wow so you can only feel it at >90pmh, that's fast. Becareful and don't get a ticket. Your car looks good btw.

With it being >90mph that's not going to do you much at certain tracks. Any more personal experiences?
Old 03-28-2012, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by cadams05nfr
Lol I am married, sad part is I am stationed at Holloman AFB where Bah is $1050 a month but It's almost impossible to find a house I would be caught dead in for less than 1500 a month plus utilities. Now I pay soaring Heights (privatized housing company on base) my entire BAH for a house honestly worth about $600 a month I can't wait to use my GI bill to get a good paying job and stop turning wrenches on air planes for little to nothing!
Dang that really sucks, I was in San Diego when I wasn't overseas. My BAH was like $1,400 or so. I got married and we separated a few months after, never got divorced tho lol, so yeah.... lol. I paid $650 in rent, spitting it with a roommate. Went to Iraq, came back and bought my S in cash I figured it was a good trade for them f@#king up my knee lol.

Anyway, the wing is probably functional but not as functional as a bigger/higher one would be. looks good tho. If you like it, get it. Want more downforce? get a bigger one lol

Quick Reply: Mugen wing functional at all?