S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Mugen Style Hardtop Window Install Help

Old 07-16-2012, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mugen Style Hardtop Window Install Help

My wife recently purchased me a replacement window for my mugen style hardtop from spyder562. The seal he sent is nothing like the seal that came on the window that came with the top. I am in the process of trying to get him to give me some sort of instructions as to how his seal works as it is different from my current one. So far all he has to say is it is to be installed by a professional. Well I a happen to install automotive parts for a living and am just looking for a little guidance. If anyone has installed one of the forbidden usa replacement windows could you help me out. So far spyder562's costumer service is nonexistent and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i got that seal and tried to put it on the window mself. im no professional but im handy. i tried to put on the seal but at the corners it keeps popping off..... i even heated the seal up and no luck. i tried to stretch the seal on the corners and then put it on the corners without stretching it. it doesnt work well.... i heated it up and held it in place until it cooled but no good. i got pissed after 4 hours of dealing with it, i used my old vis seal. i packed some 3m window weld into the seal all the way around and put it on the window and let it dry. then put it on the hardtop and put some heat on the seal so it will form to the hard top. and then glued the sucker in.

the window seal from spyder562 was the most impossible thing for me to do... door seals were great but the rear seal is horrible and the top had contact with the body and the window.