S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

mugen header

Old 03-29-2010, 07:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Burt Reynolds,Mar 29 2010, 07:08 PM
See, this is the problem with this forum. People ask a simple question that has a simple answer and in comes everyone with their opinions but no answer.

First with the answer to your question. Megan has 2 versions, one for the AP1 and another for the AP2. The O2 bung is in a different position on each. From what I understand they newer one will fit either AP1 or AP2 but the early Megan header designed specifically for the AP1 will not fit properly on an AP2 because the O2 sensor will touch the heat shield.

As far as design and piping are concerned the newer and older Megan header are the same aside from the O2 bung location. Megan claims the design is similar to oem but with larger piping. We could go back and forth all day as to whether or not this header provides any performance benefits. Honestly I would be just as quick (maybe a little more quick) to discount most people’s opinions on this forum as I would Megan’s published dyno. In fact, let’s go ahead and say it gains because Megan provided a dyno to prove it and all anyone else has is their opinion so it’s on them to prove Megan’s dyno wrong.

Anyway, I got an awesome deal on mine ($130 very slightly used) so I went for it. I see them new for around $300 though. The install was cake and I couldn’t be more pleased. It’s been installed for about a year now without any issues. On the other hand you could probably pay a little bit more and get a used Berk or Comptech from this forum. I recall seeing a few lately.
we're talking about Mugen header not a Megan header.