S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

mugen glass rear window.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd like to know why the glass isn't recommended either. Personally I don't like the lexan I have. I'd rather have glass.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nartnailuj
is that the shipped price?
yea, the $360 price quote includes shipping. email fred at VIS racing great guy!

Originally Posted by S2k007
I'd like to know why the glass isn't recommended either. Personally I don't like the lexan I have. I'd rather have glass.
i'd also like to know why it isn't recommended, from what others have said it is due to flexing of the hardtop since plexi is just plastic and wont shatter it is allowed to flex along with the hardtop. now is this is true or false i have no idea , someone would have to do some R&D on this. i am still going to go with the glass option regardless, no offense but plexi just seems tacky to me.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:36 AM

Do you have his email or is it on their site?
Old 05-12-2012, 05:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I might have to order one as well. Hate the lexan window and will be nice to be able to to tint it! The lexan one is 50% tinted I guess but looks basically clear. Except for being coverd in scratches. I don't see how there would be an issue with the top flexing causing the glass to Erest. It is held in its silicone which should have a little flex to it anyways.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Moddiction
I might have to order one as well. Hate the lexan window and will be nice to be able to to tint it! The lexan one is 50% tinted I guess but looks basically clear. Except for being coverd in scratches. I don't see how there would be an issue with the top flexing causing the glass to Erest. It is held in its silicone which should have a little flex to it anyways.
I think we got our tops from the same vendor and yeah its not really tinted at all. Supposedly 50% but it basically makes no difference.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure it's glued in correctly!!! I had my first glass fly off on the freeway. My glass is from VIS and I'm local so I was able to pickup which was definitely a plus. I love every part of having the glass other than the price. Moddiction is correct about the flex. The glue that was used on my car was urethrane so it does have flex.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Banned

Don't get your rear window glass, my friend did the same thing as you and he hit a pot hole in the ground and it cracked the entire glass. From what i was told theirs a reason why they specifically use pexi/lexan.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by IHoP
Make sure it's glued in correctly!!! I had my first glass fly off on the freeway. My glass is from VIS and I'm local so I was able to pickup which was definitely a plus. I love every part of having the glass other than the price. Moddiction is correct about the flex. The glue that was used on my car was urethrane so it does have flex.
i had this happen to me as well, but with the plexi/lexan one and it was ok after wards. what happened to your glass window? im willing to assume it broke into a thousand pieces behind you. who did you have install your glass window, the proper way that is?
Old 05-19-2012, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by keviinbraah017
Don't get your rear window glass, my friend did the same thing as you and he hit a pot hole in the ground and it cracked the entire glass. From what i was told theirs a reason why they specifically use pexi/lexan.
how big was the pot hole? i would heed to your advice but i just blindly want a glass rear window, the plexi feels, just not right, how you can push it inwards and all. idk if its just me.. but i just want a glass one, even if its going to shatter down the road. but thanks for the heads up anyways.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Angelfire
i bought a mugen replica top about a month ago, it came with a plexi/ lexan rear window but i want to bypass that and just go with a tempered glass rear window. any idea where i can get one of these that fits right, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg?
yeah of course that still looks good for me and this is all what I've got. I do like it then.
thanks,
Abby

Quick Reply: mugen glass rear window.