S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

mugen glass rear window.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StormTroopinAP2
theres several vendors here that offer glass windows with their mugen top. Im sure one them would be willing to sell you just the glass
care to provide a name my good sir'
Old 05-07-2012, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by jonmizu
Well of course there is octane Motorsport that asks 500 for the window but also doesn't respond to email

Edit:: here's the link
http://www.octanemotorsports.com/Car...duct_info.html

Originally Posted by dcmonkey
Gunshow@vis is a vis vendor and I got mine from him

Originally Posted by rockstar garage
i strongly advise against glass windows. polycarbonate is the way to go on these. besides, you can get 3-4 polycarbonate windows for the price of one glass window. you might go thru the glass window before you would scratch a polycarb window.
the octane motorsports option seems pretty pricey, 500 for a window i think i would be better off selling my mugen rep and buying one of those new oem reps that their making and get a glass for that one if we're gonna spend the cabbage.

DC i have seen a thread where Gun posted and he said that he supposedly sold his glass rear windows for 250 not too bad, i left him a comment on his page but no reply, Rockstar i know the whole opposing argument against glass windows on these tops because of flex of the top on the road but the glass option is just soo appealing, u can go any % tint u want on these while with poly your stuck with 40% plus glass is just stiffer and not as flimsy as poly imo.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:27 PM

how long ago did you get your glass rear window?
Old 05-07-2012, 09:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have 20% tint option. Same stuff that comes on the authentic mugen.

We will have an all new hardtop coming out soon. I advise you to stick around for that. We will offer glass Windows on the cf version tops only.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Angelfire
Originally Posted by dcmonkey' timestamp='1336401560' post='21675689

i got it from them a while ago, go to their site and speak to fred, hes an awesome dude and hell be glad to help you. i paid around 300 all said and done without install. the only issue is i have yet to use my top after one year of ownership.

tell him your from s2ki.

BTW i had the plexi window prior and glass is just more re-assuring specially considering how easy it is from some jackass to push your window in and break into your car. a theif will always like the easier route. push a plastic window in vs break a window possibly cut myself and make noise....hmmmmm ill push the window in!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:34 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

i strongly advise against glass windows. polycarbonate is the way to go on these. besides, you can get 3-4 polycarbonate windows for the price of one glass window. you might go thru the glass window before you would scratch a polycarb window.
Can you elaborate on why the glass window is a bad idea? Why is it a problem for the Mugen replicas and not for the OEM top?
Old 05-08-2012, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by deepbluejh
Originally Posted by rockstar garage' timestamp='1336404104' post='21675833
Can you elaborate on why the glass window is a bad idea? Why is it a problem for the Mugen replicas and not for the OEM top?

probably because the top flexes and can be the cause for the glass to crack or break if not handled correctly
Old 05-08-2012, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Angelfire' timestamp='1336447646' post='21678027
[quote name='dcmonkey' timestamp='1336401560' post='21675689']

i got it from them a while ago, go to their site and speak to fred, hes an awesome dude and hell be glad to help you. i paid around 300 all said and done without install. the only issue is i have yet to use my top after one year of ownership.

tell him your from s2ki.

BTW i had the plexi window prior and glass is just more re-assuring specially considering how easy it is from some jackass to push your window in and break into your car. a theif will always like the easier route. push a plastic window in vs break a window possibly cut myself and make noise....hmmmmm ill push the window in!
[/quote]

thanks for the info man, i went on VIS's site yesterday and sent their customer service team a message regarding the matter, got quoted $360 for a tempered glass option with window seal and everything. seems like a good deal, atleast cheaper then octane motorsports option. i think im going to go ahead and go with VIS. thanks for the great feedback and quick responses guys just another reason why the s2k community is the best there is.

and yea the added security of having a tempered glass window on the top is worth the extra cash, the plexi is good for what it is but its just flimsy. the glass wont bend or budge is you push on it.and i know what you mean, i feel like im going to have my hardtop just sitting in my garage gathering dust
Old 05-08-2012, 06:07 PM

I have 20% tint option. Same stuff that comes on the authentic mugen.

We will have an all new hardtop coming out soon. I advise you to stick around for that. We will offer glass Windows on the cf version tops only.
ehh am not really interested in going plexi, like DCmonkey said its also a safety precaution. its harder to break a tempered glass window then just push in a plexi glass one. but thanks for the feedback dude, i'll be ordering front brackets from you once i get my window installed on the top and everythings ready to go
Old 05-08-2012, 06:43 PM

is that the shipped price?

Quick Reply: mugen glass rear window.