S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Mounting takatas with hard dog roll bar

Old 01-06-2010, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting takatas with hard dog roll bar

ok so im in the proccess of getting some bride vios seats along with some takata harness
i dont have much experience with seat harnesses so i had a couple of questions

with the hard dog roll bar is a long version of takatas required since the harness bar does not have a location to mount the eye bolts to, so i would have to wrap the long version around and mount in somewhere else?

if so where is the best place to mount the sides of the takatas and the two shoulder straps?

thanks guys
Old 01-06-2010, 10:50 PM

you need the short version takatas. It wraps around the harness bar.

I have also seen people drill a hole thru the harness bar and install the eylets and others have welded on tabs to clip the harness.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ I disagree. I have Bride Vios buckets with Takata 4-points and the Hard dog rollbar. If you want to wrap around the bar you need the long version along with two of the metal pieces that they wrap through. http://www.discoveryparts.com/cgi-bin/stor...t=hhard&pid=580 All the Takatas come with the hardware to mount via eye bolts. (the "short" Takata will not be long enough to wrap around the bar)
Old 01-07-2010, 07:16 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I suggest you get that bracket and wrap around the harness bar. Most least intrusive method and works very well.

For the lapbelt, you can use the stock seatbelt mounting location for the left side. For the right side, drill a hole in the transmission tunnel and mount an eye bolt. Make sure to use reinforcement plates for everything that goes thru the body...

Old 01-07-2010, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by AP2uner,Jan 7 2010, 06:50 AM
^ I disagree. I have Bride Vios buckets with Takata 4-points and the Hard dog rollbar. If you want to wrap around the bar you need the long version along with two of the metal pieces that they wrap through. http://www.discoveryparts.com/cgi-bin/stor...t=hhard&pid=580 All the Takatas come with the hardware to mount via eye bolts. (the "short" Takata will not be long enough to wrap around the bar)
would you happen to have pictures of your set up?
Old 01-07-2010, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by 99SH,Jan 7 2010, 08:16 AM
I suggest you get that bracket and wrap around the harness bar. Most least intrusive method and works very well.

For the lapbelt, you can use the stock seatbelt mounting location for the left side. For the right side, drill a hole in the transmission tunnel and mount an eye bolt. Make sure to use reinforcement plates for everything that goes thru the body...

where would those brackets be placed when mounting? just behind the seat?
where can i get some of those?
Old 01-07-2010, 08:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here was my setup and yes it was the long version takatas:
Old 01-07-2010, 10:13 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by milkman2089,Jan 7 2010, 08:59 AM
where would those brackets be placed when mounting? just behind the seat?
where can i get some of those?
Nothing goes behind the seat! Those brackets go under the transmission tunnel. You only need 1 for the lap belt (right side mount). For the left side you can put an eyebolt where the stock seatbelt lower mount is.

You can get that mount from Schroth http://www.schrothracing.com/store/Competi...orcement-plates
Old 01-09-2010, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by 99SH,Jan 7 2010, 11:13 AM
Nothing goes behind the seat! Those brackets go under the transmission tunnel. You only need 1 for the lap belt (right side mount). For the left side you can put an eyebolt where the stock seatbelt lower mount is.

You can get that mount from Schroth http://www.schrothracing.com/store/Competi...orcement-plates
anyne got pics of where exactly each bolt should be placed?
i know the dangers of misused seat harness and just dont wanna kill myself!!!!!
Old 01-09-2010, 04:29 PM

Yeah I need help to. Can anyone show a pic or explain the EXACT location of where to mount the one side of the lap belt to the tranny tunnel? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Mounting takatas with hard dog roll bar