S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

It looks fast too!

Old 10-29-2012, 07:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sn0wman
Originally Posted by pmptx' timestamp='1351171506' post='22107432
[quote name='sn0wman' timestamp='1351111848' post='22106156']
[quote name='Gernby' timestamp='1351088476' post='22105058']
[quote name='sn0wman' timestamp='1351023937' post='22103578']
hey gernby, what mods do you have on your car currently? just curious because i heard lots of compliments on your cars performance on the track
My mod list changes pretty often, since I do so much testing, but my "normal" setup is a PWJDM intake, Gern-Pipe, FlashPro tune with VTEC at 3600, and Ohlins DFV coilovers. Minor mods include a Hondata IMG, colder spark plugs, and a light weight battery (PC680). Everything else is stock.
nice, thanks. i wanted to see if you changed the exhaust or header, because i plan on leaving those stock when i starting modding. i have an 08 with low miles and kind of want to keep the stock elegance if you know what i mean. im currently planning on buying a mugen intake or mugen replica and am also planning on adding your gern-pipe depending on how your production goes. i already have flashpro.
[/quote]
This is pretty much my setup.
Stock header, stock exhaust and the gernpipe.

Must say I like the tone and the fact is is still "stock"

Intake is FIPK
[/quote]

perfect, thats exactly what im looking for! do you have a sound clip? how was the increase in power with the gern pipe? thanks
[/quote]
Don't have a sound clip, although I should do that. My take is that is sounds more like the VQ in a 350/370Z with the Gernpipe and the stock exhaust.
I really like the tone.

As for power, I posted the dyno graphs up in this thread (on page 16 or 17-I think)
Old 10-29-2012, 07:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jh4db536
Install was not easy, but I think I got it right now. The clearances are so tight. Vitt you better take this to royal...they're very busy though so you need appointment.

Light throttle is now quieter, and heavier throttle is louder outside. Car has a different tone, don't know how to describe it but it sounds wicked when you're on it (not like a berk 3" single either...maybe like UHV without the drone). The drone has been narrowed to exactly 3k, but it is still there...but the rpm range is significantly smaller. The t1r is very good about drone anyway so it's nothing close to any other 70mm exhaust I've tried.

My car now driveable, but I haven't gone over 4.5k or 20% thr yet. Hopefully I can get it tuned this week, but its going to be very hard to take a day off work right now . Decided the tuner this time will be autowave/ballade...unfortunately I have no prior baselines there.

Setup: EMS (now using speed density VE model), aem CAI, 68mm tb, ballade matched intake mani, rdx injectors, bc2s, t1r70em dual.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
Glad to hear you got it installed! Would you please remind me what the rest of your setup is (AP1 / 2, header, exhaust, etc?)
Old 10-29-2012, 02:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jh4db536
Install was not easy, but I think I got it right now. The clearances are so tight. Vitt you better take this to royal...they're very busy though so you need appointment. I had plenty of clearance on the top of the expansion cone, I have like 1/8" between that lower bar and the driveshaft hub. I cut a little bit of the corner of a mounting bracket to get more clearance.
Thanks for Sharing. I'll have to make an appointment as soon as my schedule allows. Greg, do you recommend that I change back to the OEM air intake? Currently have the K&N FIPK. Thanks.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Vitt
Greg, do you recommend that I change back to the OEM air intake? Currently have the K&N FIPK. Thanks.
I do like the shape of the torque curve with the OEM intake, but the FIPK is fine. The only thing I really dislike about the FIPK is the sound when VTEC engages at 3600 RPMs.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New clip today: Gernpipe mated to a Magnaflow dingle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXbML3U4v1U
Old 11-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Driv300mph
New clip today: Gernpipe mated to a Magnaflow dingle:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cXbML3U4v1U
Thanks for posting this!

One thing I just noticed while watching all of the clips you've posted is that they all seem to sound about the same on my computer. They all seem to sound way more aggressive than they really are. For example, the Borla and Magnaflow dingles are not aggressive sounding at all in person. I don't know if my computer speakers just suck, or if these videos just aren't capturing the sound very well. When you watch them, do you think they are a good representation of the actual sound?
Old 11-03-2012, 01:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounded pretty loud in my computer speakers too ((just decent USB speakers).
Old 11-03-2012, 01:28 PM

I have some Klipsch 2.1 speakers for my PC and it sounds different for each one. Given it's still not the clearest sound and the lows can be distorted, but I can get a general idea of the volume and tone from the videos.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Driv300mph
I have some Klipsch 2.1 speakers for my PC and it sounds different for each one. Given it's still not the clearest sound and the lows can be distorted, but I can get a general idea of the volume and tone from the videos.

I listened to them on my iPhone 5 with ear buds, and they still sound similar. I think the issue is that they are all exceeding the dynamic range of the microphone in your phone.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:04 PM

Without a doubt it could use some improvement -- ideally we'd want a nice microphone setup to capture the true differences, but I can still differentiate them all.

Quick Reply: It looks fast too!