S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

It looks fast too!

Old 10-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DanielArnold
When this becomes available for purchase please let me know, I will buy one on principle of having used/applied A LOT of your posts alone...

Interested to see how this works out for others!

My .02 it looks like the whale penis of the exhaust world!

BTW what year S2K was the dyno done on? Your avatar appears to be AP2 but looks can be deceiving!

Also if i can read and I usually can't, 3whp gains without a tune just installing "All Stock" I assume is stock intake, exhaust, header intake manifold etc etc?

Sorry very interested and want to order
Thanks!

I'm not sure which set of Dyno plots you are referring to, but if you are talking about the plots I posted in post #1, then they were done on my own '08 AP2, which was entirely stock aside from the Exhaust and FlashPro. However, the gains from the exhaust are more significant than just 3 whp, since that 3 whp is just at peak. If you look at the gains down near 6-7K RPMs, it's more like 6 whp.

If you're referring to the Dynojet plots that pmptx posted on page 11, post #266, which was done using OEM mufflers, then I think the gains probably were closer to 3 whp without a tune. I believe his car is an '06 AP2, and only had an FIPK intake and FlashPro.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Former Sponsor

BTW, I totally forgot to post the good news about the muffler I mounted up last night! I replaced the 4x9x11 Magnaflow muffler from one of my singles with a 5x8x14 Magnaflow, and it sounds MUCH, MUCH better! I haven't done any datalogging with it yet, so I don't have any objective results, but the rasp is gone.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Good news! I packaged up 4 of the units on Saturday to ship, and sent pictures and videos to the 4 recipients to approve. I have received approval from 3, so those will ship today. They would have shipped yesterday if my wife's SUV hadn't cheesed out (immobilizer issue).

The 2 remaining units that I need to finish are for jh4db536 and cmcd1984, and both require different custom adapters. I hope to get those built tonight and shipped by Friday.

Almost forgot to update about the new single I built! It sounds very nice! I really love the tone! I think it might be the all around best sounding exhaust ever, since it's aggressive sounding at full throttle / high RPMs, but quiet and refined the rest of the time.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:31 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Excellent work! What catalytic core are you using?
I'm potentially interested in a unit for a SC application. You had mentioned some theories on this for an SC application - care to explain?
Old 10-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Former Sponsor

I am using the Magnaflow HFC, which I believe has a 200 cell core.

I have no reason to believe the performance would be improved with an SC, but I am concerned that the performance increase might come at the cost of reduced efficiency. Basically, there may be so much scavenging that the addition of boost might push excessive quantities of unburned fuel and oxygen all the way through the cylinder during intake / exhaust valve overlap.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the update!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:51 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So I read the first few pages, and the last few pages, so I apologize if this is answered somewhere in the middle of the thread. As you probably know this would be awesome for SCCA STR class, and they are definitely in your target market, but it looks like the catalyst is too far away. The rules stipulate the catalyst inlet has to be within 6" of OEM catalyst outlet location, so you can only move it a foot or two (not sure how long the oem converter is off the top of my head). So:
1) The catalyst is moved too much to be legal, right?
2) What are the chances of trying a modified version that moves the catalyst to the necessary location? I don't really care about drone as much as I care about the gains you saw although the lack of drone would be a plus. Or will that break the "magic"?
Old 10-12-2012, 07:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by IntegraR0064
So I read the first few pages, and the last few pages, so I apologize if this is answered somewhere in the middle of the thread. As you probably know this would be awesome for SCCA STR class, and they are definitely in your target market, but it looks like the catalyst is too far away. The rules stipulate the catalyst inlet has to be within 6" of OEM catalyst outlet location, so you can only move it a foot or two (not sure how long the oem converter is off the top of my head). So:
2) What are the chances of trying a modified version that moves the catalyst to the necessary location? I don't really care about drone as much as I care about the gains you saw although the lack of drone would be a plus. Or will that break the "magic"?
I've actually been working on a unit that would technically conform to the STR rules, and hope to test it in the next couple weeks. However, after discussing this with one of the people on the SCCA committee that defines the rules, I'm not sure if it would remain legal for long. I actually just sent some pictures of the unit 15 minutes ago to that committee member to see what he thinks about it.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couple more exhaust videos from this evening! Here's Greg's current custom single pictured on the previous page:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_oQBKcYK7M

Here is my current setup, which is another one of Greg's fabrications -- custom Flowmaster "Dingle"

Gotta love the gurgle at the very end...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlf1ZaWRliU
Old 10-12-2012, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
Originally Posted by IntegraR0064' timestamp='1349981467' post='22075674
I've actually been working on a unit that would technically conform to the STR rules, and hope to test it in the next couple weeks. However, after discussing this with one of the people on the SCCA committee that defines the rules, I'm not sure if it would remain legal for long. I actually just sent some pictures of the unit 15 minutes ago to that committee member to see what he thinks about it.
If you moved the cat back (get it?) to within the required distance, what other rule would it not conform to? I'm interested in one of these as well, provided you can make an SCCA version.

Quick Reply: It looks fast too!