S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

It looks fast too!

Old 09-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by alSpeed2k
I think adding a flange is a good idea. If I were to add a gernpipe to my oem exhaust I would add two flanges to my existing exhaust, that way if I decided to sell the car in the future I could easily bolt the oem midpipe/cat back onto the car and sell the gernpipe separately.
Adding a flange is definitely a good idea for the very reason you mentioned. It's just not a good idea for ME to add the flange, since I may not put the flange exactly where you might want it.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:57 PM
Former Sponsor

One of the previous buyers has asked for a refund, so I can accept 1 more buyer! If you want to lock in your spot, I suggest sending PayPal payment immediately. If I get multiple payments, I'll refund the extras immediately. I provided my paypall address in post 386.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UPDATE
Track yesterday with the Gernpipe and OEM mufflers. MSR-C 1.7 CW

The mid range makes a world of dirrerence as there are corners you can stay in higer gear (rattlesnake in 3rd if desired, where second would be a necessity to stay above 6K otherwise).

Overall I have to say, although this is made for the street to improve mid range and save downshifts, it is truly helpful at the track for the same reason.

The gernpipe just allows so much more flexibility on the track since you can still be in VTEC AND generating power unlike the people who drop their engagement point, without the proper setup and ultimately end up in VTEC, but without the TQ benefit.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for posting the update! I was at this event too, and agree that the midpipe was a great improvement coming out of the 2 slow corners on the track. I realized last night that I only had to shift down to 3rd for those 2 corners, and used 4th for the whole rest of the course. When I watched Johns videos in his AP1, he was shifting all over the place, and used 2nd in those 2 slow corners.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Any buyers of this pipe have an AP1? I'm looking forward to that review.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:57 AM
Former Sponsor

I guess I should give an update about the status of the 6 units I'm building, since I don't think I published any estimated shipping dates. I'm building all the new units in parallel, so they will all ship around the same time. I haven't made much progress on them yet, since I didn't have much time last week to work on it. However, I did spend 2 evenings trying to improve the center piece of the mid-pipe between the 2 V-bands. It is an awkward combination of miter cuts, and it's really difficult to get them to fit together well enough for a pretty weld. My welder is able to achieve nice looking welds on everything else using his TIG, but he had to use a MIG on that 1 piece due to the gaps between pieces. I hope to find a more optimal combinations of cut angles that will eliminate the gaps, and allow that piece to be TIG welded like everything else. I think I'll have more time this week to work on them, and hope to ship them early next week.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You mentioned that this will work with a Berk? I have a header back so i would just replace the mid section with this??
Old 09-24-2012, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

since you are an invidia dealer, i was wondering if you could quote me on your midpipe with an invidia single, with flanges welded on so it'll be bolt up. i will be using an oem header(poss. berks header, but i believe they both will have same bolt up) i do not know of too many welders around here so i dont wanna mess with trying to get the welds right... its either that or i'll just have to go with a berks 3" header back... let me know~!!! thank you!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 05:31 AM
Former Sponsor

I won't be able to give price quotes until I'm ready to do a second batch of pipes. I don't know what the cost will be for those until I see how much I lost on the first batch.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by it'S2klean
You mentioned that this will work with a Berk? I have a header back so i would just replace the mid section with this??
I believe the Berk would need to be cut / flanged behind the rear axle, so I don't think it would be a "bolt-on" solution.

Quick Reply: It looks fast too!