S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

It looks fast too!

Old 09-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gernby
Originally Posted by Kyushin' timestamp='1346612823' post='21982843
So I guess getting Cali CARB didnt happen? CARB is very unreasonable with their certification prices and requirements.
I wouldn't even consider CARB certification for this, since I don't even plan to make more than 20 for the S2000.

Understandable, Im so tempted to do this but kinda scared to cut my CT exhaust.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
I wouldn't even consider CARB certification for this, since I don't even plan to make more than 20 for the S2000.
I hope you are open to producing more if the demand is there. Im really interested in getting one of these but its not really possible at the moment. The sound clips sound amazing. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Bunger78
Just took a quick read through this, and your mid-pipe looks good!

Have you gotten the chance to test it on a car with the iVTEC conversion? I would think you could get the valve overlap you need to achieve the scavenging effect of the expansion chamber without the higher valve lift till later in the RPM range.

How much have you played with the location and angle of your divergent duct / expansion chamber volume to pinpoint and broaden the power "bump"?

Great work!

I have not tested my design concept on any iVTEC motors, but hope to sometime soon.

I tested many different variations of the expansion chamber to optimize torque and sound. In the end, we were lucky that the S2000 chassis allows such an optimal configuration.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kyushin
Understandable, Im so tempted to do this but kinda scared to cut my CT exhaust.
I'm not familiar with the CT exhaust, but it should be trivial to simply add a 2-bolt flange to most exhausts, then build the mid-pipe to bolt up to it. That would allow the exhaust to be sold later separately from the mid-pipe. As long as the flange was added by a good welder, it shouldn't cause any reduction in value for the original exhaust.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TabriS2k
I hope you are open to producing more if the demand is there. Im really interested in getting one of these but its not really possible at the moment. The sound clips sound amazing. Keep up the good work.
If there is sufficient demand for it, I'm sure someone will produce them. I just don't think it will be me. If some other vendor wants to license my design, that would be great.

I just don't have the time or energy it would take to do ongoing manufacturing and distribution when I already have a full-time job and a young family.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:24 PM

^ URGE Jump on that Idea !! Id be extremely interested too in a few months time.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:30 PM

have you tried your pipe on the common Greddy SE duals?

that bastard drones a fair bit. if you can eliminate the drone from that, as well as get some performance gains, il definitely be keen to snap up one of your production models ..
Old 09-05-2012, 01:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mjb120
have you tried your pipe on the common Greddy SE duals?

that bastard drones a fair bit. if you can eliminate the drone from that, as well as get some performance gains, il definitely be keen to snap up one of your production models ..
I currently have a Greddy dual in my garage that I'm about to have flanged for a local S2000 CR owner (Driv300mph). I hope to do a "Drone-O-Meter" test on it before and after. I have no doubt that drone and performance will show the same improvements I've seen for every other exhaust.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ And you can bet I'm looking forward to it! Both the Q300 and the Dingle have had absolutely no drone. Q300 is actually pretty dang loud... louder than my Greddy SE Duals. However, the cabin is nearly resonance-free while at the same time BLASTING sound out the back. I'll try to take another clip to see if I can capture the exterior volume.

If you hate drone, you'll love the Gern-Pipe. Not to mention the huge bump in torque through the midrange
Old 09-05-2012, 05:37 PM

down to be the first buyer from the Southern Hemisphere!!

Quick Reply: It looks fast too!