S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

It looks fast too!

Old 08-30-2012, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I currently have the Gernpipe on my car with the Q300. I also tried it with Greg's custom Borla Dingle exhaust, which sounds awesome and better than the Invidia in my opinion. Here's a quick clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU9uRLuJnfU

Greg did a fantastic tune for me before the Gernpipe, and I can't wait to retune with this. That starts this weekend
Old 08-30-2012, 07:47 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Uhm...that sounds amazing...

Old 08-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

i road in his car and the low end and midrange is simply amazing i have a comptech sc at 7 psi and i think it would be dead even or he might pull me till i hit 7k the tune on his car is awesome not to loud either my two cents and if you put high velocity head work in conjunction with the scavenging ability of this exhaust you could have an na motor with maybe 250+hp at wheels. the velocity port design is not a new thing i worked on super sport 600cc race bikes 8 years ago and that was all the rage if cams are setup right anyways looking forward to seeing this combo soon Gary get with urge make it happen more power
Old 08-31-2012, 01:11 PM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Sounds good!!
Old 08-31-2012, 01:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's extremely encouraging to see all of the positive reviews coming in!
Old 08-31-2012, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Driv300mph
I currently have the Gernpipe on my car with the Q300. I also tried it with Greg's custom Borla Dingle exhaust, which sounds awesome and better than the Invidia in my opinion. Here's a quick clip:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EU9uRLuJnfU

Greg did a fantastic tune for me before the Gernpipe, and I can't wait to retune with this. That starts this weekend
This does in fact sound great! Good job, both of you.

Nice job on the other videos as well. Great driving skills displayed on all of them. Your review of the hood dampers finally convinced me to move forward with the purchase.

I look forward to seeing this become available for purchase. Having seen it from its infancy it sort of adds a whole new perspective.

Good luck.
--Matt
Old 09-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for all the positive posts and feedback! I apologize for my delayed response, but I kind of "checked out" for a couple days.

The good news is that I did get the new "production version" completed and tested! It did a good job toning down the rasp of the 2.5" single without increasing drone too much. However, I realized that part of the "raspy" noise I was hearing was not rasp at all, but is actually just the noise of the unburned fuel being ignited by the HFC. It only occurs while VTEC is engaged, and tends to follow the EGT delta curves I posted a page or 2 ago. I wonder if there might even be visible flames or light emitted from the muffler tip when it's dark ...

Anyway, that noise is not a problem with most of the mufflers I've tested, and it isn't even all that prominent. I will try out a small bottle resonator just before the single muffler to see if that handles it. Until then, I will not move forward with production of the single muffler option.

However, I will move forward with production of the mid-pipe as a retrofit option, and post the group-buy early next week.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gernby
Originally Posted by Vitt' timestamp='1342309508' post='21860287
What this mid-pipe is offering is getting rid of annoying drone in addition to the NA power benefits with a good tune.
Thanks for you input, but what I really wish everyone would understand about the midpipe is that it isn't just about performance OR drone. The breakthrough is that it has those benefits while being 49 state legal!! The HFC is built in!!! It won't pass a visual inspection, but it will pass a sniffer. It will also eliminate the smell and soot that comes from a test pipe!

So I guess getting Cali CARB didnt happen? CARB is very unreasonable with their certification prices and requirements.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyushin
So I guess getting Cali CARB didnt happen? CARB is very unreasonable with their certification prices and requirements.
I wouldn't even consider CARB certification for this, since I don't even plan to make more than 20 for the S2000.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:19 AM

Just took a quick read through this, and your mid-pipe looks good!

Have you gotten the chance to test it on a car with the iVTEC conversion? I would think you could get the valve overlap you need to achieve the scavenging effect of the expansion chamber without the higher valve lift till later in the RPM range.

How much have you played with the location and angle of your divergent duct / expansion chamber volume to pinpoint and broaden the power "bump"?

Great work!

Quick Reply: It looks fast too!