S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

It looks fast too!

Old 08-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitt
I take your results as legit since you seem to be your own worse critic at times anyway. But don't you have someone actually doing some independent tests on your system? In previous posts you asked for someone with a stock '06, and I read a post in the NA forum where you asked a tuner to test your system on a dyno. Is that in the works?
An independent test is scheduled for Friday afternoon. I did ask B.R.I.A.N to do a test as well, but he didn't reply to my PM's. After thinking about it, I decided that I would rather wait on that test anyway, since he has an AP1 with a PLM header and custom intake.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
An independent test is scheduled for Friday afternoon. I did ask B.R.I.A.N to do a test as well, but he didn't reply to my PM's. After thinking about it, I decided that I would rather wait on that test anyway, since he has an AP1 with a PLM header and custom intake.
just for the record, i never received a pm. i do not leave people hanging. if i would've received a pm i would've replied.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by award78' timestamp='1345565352' post='21953351
It would really be nice to see a better comparison of ASM 70mm tp/exhaust to Gernpipe. Or 3" berk headerback to Gernpipe.
...with all other variables the same, ie pwjdm intake.
If I had other production exhausts and intakes laying around, and time to test them, I would do that. However, I don't have any of those things. Even if I did have it, I'm sure that my results would be questioned anyway, since the tests wouldn't be "independent". I've already done more / better testing than I've seen from other manufacturers, but those are still being questioned.
Don't take it personal, we'd all be broke and still slow if we didn't question every single mod.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by b.r.i.a.n.
Originally Posted by Gernby' timestamp='1345582289' post='21954172
just for the record, i never received a pm. i do not leave people hanging. if i would've received a pm i would've replied.
Damn ... I hate it when this happens. I thought you were blowing me off ...

Old 08-21-2012, 03:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gernby' timestamp='1345582289' post='21954172
Wait ... now I'm going to have to separate all the posts that I've linked in my mind to the same Brian...

Are you the tuner with the AP1 and AEM EMS?
Old 08-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by award78
Don't take it personal, we'd all be broke and still slow if we didn't question every single mod.
I don't take it personally, but I do take it to mean that I would be wasting my time and money by testing 20 different combinations of intakes and exhausts, when I already know the outcome.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn ... I hate it when this happens. I thought you were blowing me off ...

Wait ... now I'm going to have to separate all the posts that I've linked in my mind to the same Brian...

Are you the tuner with the AP1 and AEM EMS?
yes i am the tuner. and yes i have an ap1 but it's running haltech not aem. i was not aware that there was another brian on these boards with the same screen name lol. i guess the other brian spells it with caps lol.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:31 AM
Former Sponsor

yes i am the tuner. and yes i have an ap1 but it's running haltech not aem. i was not aware that there was another brian on these boards with the same screen name lol. i guess the other brian spells it with caps lol.
It looks like the difference is that his login has an 1 fewer periods.

I will contact you about testing my exhaust after I get a test or two from S2000's with stock headers. I think it would be too risky for me to "sponsor" an independent test of my midpipe in a vehicle that is so different from anything I've tested it with myself. I will send you a complete exhaust at that time with a front pipe diameter that matches your header.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you plan on eventually testing your product on a supercharged application? I'm curious what the scavenging effect would have in that situation.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cinaibur
Do you plan on eventually testing your product on a supercharged application? I'm curious what the scavenging effect would have in that situation.

Absolutely! I am looking forward for the opportunity to do that. However, I originally thought my mid-pipe might make large gains on an SC'ed application, but I now suspect it might just waste a bunch of fuel.

Quick Reply: It looks fast too!