S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.
View Poll Results: Fujitsubo Legalis R vs. HKS Dual
Fujitsubo Legalis R
74.29%
HKS Dual
25.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Looking for quiet exhaust: Fujitsubo Legalis R vs. HKS Dual

Old 05-21-2014, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for quiet exhaust: Fujitsubo Legalis R vs. HKS Dual

Hi all,

I am looking to replace my Buddy Club Pro Spec for a quieter one for daily driving. I did some research and have narrowed my search to either the Fujitsubo Legalis R or the HKS Dual. I found a seller for both and they are around the same price so I will be picking up one of these this weekend. Having no drone is important to me and it seems like both of these exhausts have little to no drone. I have heard sound clips of both on YouTube but honestly feel YouTube is not the same as hearing them in person. Just going off YouTube sound clips alone, I think the HKS sounds better.

From what I gathered so far:

Fujitsubo Legalis R:
- Slightly louder and deeper than stock
- Very mature sounding exhaust
- Little to no drone

HKS Dual
- Some claim this is the best sounding exhaust for our cars
- Quiet when cursing
- Louder in VTEC
- Louder than the Fuji

Any input would be much appreciated!
Old 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a close friend who had the HKS. I've never ridden in his car with it but I've followed him plenty of times. Outside the car it does seem fairly tame when cruising but I've also had him blow by me in VTEC and it screamed (in a VERY good way). To be fair I think he may have discovered a crack when he recently took it off to upgrade which I think others have experienced as well.
On the other hand the Legalis R is very sought-after and they come on the market never anymore. I would get the Legalis R since there may not be another chance. If you don't like it you can sell it, not lose any money, and move into the HKS which we know sounds very good.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:55 PM

i have fujitsubo,quiet when cruising and sounds nice when vtec
Old 05-21-2014, 01:43 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Fuji...
Old 05-21-2014, 01:46 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

HKS sounds really good but in your situation I'd go Fuji, especially since they are so hard to find and low drone is important to you. You probably won't lose any money when you go to sell it in the future, might even turn a profit.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

had both. hks sounds better when you're pushing the engine. however, it has a nasty drone-like "boom" around 3k rpm..so think about how every time you slow down your car and pass 3k rpm, you hear this exhaust "boom"
Old 05-21-2014, 03:33 PM

I have the legalis r. Still have oem exhaust manifold and cat, no drone.

Extremely quiet, to the point I can't hear it. My buddy with an STI commented that it's quiet, but has a great tone when you get on it. One of the instructors at a hpde commented that he couldn't hear the exhaust with top down at speed. PO put a stupid loud, droning spugen exhaust on it, so I never had oem exhaust.

I bought mine with supposedly 5k miles on it and it looked brand new after cleaning the Oklahoma red dirt off of it.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:36 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

another exhaust you might want to consider is the Milltek 70mm Dual, I have heard good things about it.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:46 PM

Where can I get the Fujitsubo? I only found a place where the shipping from Japan costs more than the exhaust.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:13 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by gofast182
I have a close friend who had the HKS. I've never ridden in his car with it but I've followed him plenty of times. Outside the car it does seem fairly tame when cruising but I've also had him blow by me in VTEC and it screamed (in a VERY good way). To be fair I think he may have discovered a crack when he recently took it off to upgrade which I think others have experienced as well.
On the other hand the Legalis R is very sought-after and they come on the market never anymore. I would get the Legalis R since there may not be another chance. If you don't like it you can sell it, not lose any money, and move into the HKS which we know sounds very good.
The car that gofast182 is referring to is mine, what he failed to mention, or didn't know, is that my car has a test pipe, a wrapped OEM header and part of the HKS is also wrapped.

All that said, I will consider another HKS. It came on the car when I bought it 10 years ago, has served me VERY well and sounds INCREDIBLE ( I get tons of complements )

With a catalytic converter the HKS is VERY livable for DD.

Please PM the price you were quoted and what vendor quoted you the price for the HKS as I may be in the market for another shortly. edit: I see you are buying used.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Looking for quiet exhaust: Fujitsubo Legalis R vs. HKS Dual