S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Linear Rate Coilovers

Old 10-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the PSS9s. For street driving, they are awesome, don't worry about them not being linear.
In one post you say they're not linear, in the next you show pictures that indicate they ARE linear. I found the 60 mm comment to be pretty inscrutable too. If you'd said "you can install any 60 mm linear spring on the PSS9's" it probably would have made more sense.

My problem with the PSS9's is, I can never find specs for them. How high a spring rate you can use for example. What the stock spring rates are and so forth. I think the PSS9's are better than any of the Chinese junk suspensions but, without specs though, I'm not sure how much better they are.

Something I think you should avoid is any steel bodied CO with an aluminum adjuster ring. A couple winters exposed to salt and they weld together. Having the springs unload at droop IS annoying though. So, I agree with the helper comments.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kitwetzler, Thank you, thats what I'm talking about, specifics. you rock. All very good info here, thank you and everyone else here, and keep them coming.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:41 AM

I am almost certain I'm going with the Bilstiens now that I found out they were linear and not progressive. I guess I should have just called Bilstien to find out. I assumed they were progressive because when I called H&R regarding the S2000 coilover they told me they use a progressive spring with working rate of 345F / 345R. I just assumed bilstiens springs were made by HR so I assumed incorrectly that they use progressive. From the pic posted they do indeed look to be linear, which is what I have been used to on my past KW kits for VWs. Again thanks for all the good info, hope I didn't ruffle any feathers with my vague info comments on 60 mm springs. Just that I don't have the education and knowledge others have here, and thus why I was asking for more specifics. Now can anyone recommend a good place to order them. If not I may go tirerack, they have always been good with service and shipping.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LeftLane11,Oct 15 2009, 03:41 PM
I am almost certain I'm going with the Bilstiens now that I found out they were linear and not progressive. I guess I should have just called Bilstien to find out. I assumed they were progressive because when I called H&R regarding the S2000 coilover they told me they use a progressive spring with working rate of 345F / 345R. I just assumed bilstiens springs were made by HR so I assumed incorrectly that they use progressive. From the pic posted they do indeed look to be linear, which is what I have been used to on my past KW kits for VWs. Again thanks for all the good info, hope I didn't ruffle any feathers with my vague info comments on 60 mm springs. Just that I don't have the education and knowledge others have here, and thus why I was asking for more specifics. Now can anyone recommend a good place to order them. If not I may go tirerack, they have always been good with service and shipping.
http://www.neuspeed.com/products/product_d...mport&p_id=1788

1305$

cheapest i found.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:15 AM

BTW, does anyone know if the Bileseins come pre-assembled to a recommended setting (height) or do they come in separate pieces?
Old 10-16-2009, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are not set to a pre-assembled height, but there are some install threads with good starting points.