S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Koni + Espelir ASD Impressions?

Old 01-08-2008, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Koni + Espelir ASD Impressions?

I keep going back and forth between the Koni/Espelir setup and a full coilover system. The reason the Koni/Espelir setup attracted me is the ease of use and not having to adjust ride height to get everything sitting perfect on each corner. I also like the fact that you are able to adjust that .5 inches up or down on the shock itself.

I would like to get some of the people
Old 01-08-2008, 03:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to have koni's with skunk 2 springs and 3 days after that i bought a full coilover system, I didnt like the ride and it wasnt stiff enough for me, when i would hit bumps and dips it felt like the shock was compressing to much.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:17 PM

That's one marked down as hated them. Anyone else?
Old 01-08-2008, 05:51 PM

I have the exact setup and love it. I have the Koni's adjusted some where in the middle. Its a bit stiffer than stock but definitely not as hard as coilovers. Heres some pics with it set on the lower perch.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by 2tirefire,Jan 8 2008, 08:17 PM
That's one marked down as hated them. Anyone else?
Does it really count? He was using Skunk springs which could have been the cause of the issues.

I don't know how the Skunk springs compare to the Espelir, rates?

I'm considering this combo also since I already have the Espelir.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rusted_nailz,Jan 8 2008, 09:51 PM
Nice! Thats exactly how I want mine to sit.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rusted_nailz,Jan 8 2008, 06:51 PM
I have the exact setup and love it. I have the Koni's adjusted some where in the middle. Its a bit stiffer than stock but definitely not as hard as coilovers. Heres some pics with it set on the lower perch.

What do you think about handling compared to stock? I don't want to bottom out and I want handling as good as stock or a bit better. I love the stance and that is exactly what I want. I am afraid it will be too soft and will give me increased body roll.

Let me know what you think.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:58 PM

The body roll is almost completely eliminated compared to stock. The ride is stiffer so you wont have to worry about bottoming out. As for the handling, I feel its better than stock because of the reduced body roll. The car feels more precise. I would definitely recommend this setup.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:52 PM

Update!

I just wanted to let everyone know after much debate and over 2 months of searching for coilovers, springs, shocks, etc, I finally made my decision!!

I spent a little bit more than I wanted, but I ended up with T1R B-MAX 52 coilovers. These things are freaking beautiful and may be a little bit overkill for what I will be using them for, but I would rather have more suspension that I can grow into! Thanks for all the suggestions!

Mark
Old 01-11-2008, 03:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm actually planning on running this setup (Koni/Espelir) on my car as well. The only thing I'm debating now is whether I should use the higher or the lower perch on the Koni shocks. Can anyone give the pros/cons of running on the higher vs. lower perch? Is the only difference the ride height of the car? Would the springs be under constant load on the lower perch? Just trying to gather as much info as I don't hope to adjust the perch setting on the shocks after install.

Also, anyone looked into getting half shaft spacers when lowering the car?

Thanks

Eric

Quick Reply: Koni + Espelir ASD Impressions?