S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

K-SPORT coilovers

Old 02-09-2008, 01:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K-SPORT coilovers

Hello write from Italy sorry my English
I wanted to have opinions about K-SPORT street coilovers

Thanks to all,
Old 02-09-2008, 02:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it's cheap and that's all the good thing about it.

you will not find any useful info about the company's R&D, engineering and production infomation.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:19 PM

Megan, Apexi, K-sport, Stance, Buddyclub, etc all fall into the same category. Taiwan made and possibly in the same factory. I believe BC racing or something of the sort is making the shock inserts and who knows where the springs are coming from.

Now with this said, these are not bad coilovers. They are budget systems which work quite well, and have been shown to work great time and time again across the boards. On every single automotive forum you will find many people using the above coilovers without any problems. Do some more research and don't only read what you find on S2ki, go onto some of the EVO, Honda, STi, etc forums and see what other people have to say. I am sure with any coilover you end up with in the budget range will work quite well for your needs. Good luck!

M
Old 02-09-2008, 12:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2tirefire,Feb 9 2008, 01:19 PM
Megan, Apexi, K-sport, Stance, Buddyclub, etc all fall into the same category. Taiwan made and possibly in the same factory. I believe BC racing or something of the sort is making the shock inserts and who knows where the springs are coming from.

Now with this said, these are not bad coilovers. They are budget systems which work quite well, and have been shown to work great time and time again across the boards. On every single automotive forum you will find many people using the above coilovers without any problems. Do some more research and don't only read what you find on S2ki, go onto some of the EVO, Honda, STi, etc forums and see what other people have to say. I am sure with any coilover you end up with in the budget range will work quite well for your needs. Good luck!

M
i will not put BC the same "niche" as the other, BC actually does racing themselve, the other just fly by night company.

BC is japanese for one thing and they been out for a while.

go search up the dyno chart for ksport, some dude did a dyno on the damper and all four came out different.

the first badge or omnipower coilover are know for breaking the sleeve, the shell is too thin and you can frature and break one on the street

Old 02-09-2008, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by iam7head,Feb 9 2008, 01:55 PM
i will not put BC the same "niche" as the other, BC actually does racing themselve, the other just fly by night company.

go search up the dyno chart for ksport, some dude did a dyno on the damper and all four came out different.

the first badge or omnipower coilover are know for breaking the sleeve, the shell is too thin and you can frature and break one on the street
This tells you that worries me, excuse BC = Buddy Club?
In many italy use D2 strett spring from 10 kg / mm front and rear 8kg/mm
The K-Sport strett provide front springs 6.7 - 6.2 rear, but if this product is not 'good, I do not want to risk
Old 02-09-2008, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by motociclista,Feb 9 2008, 02:33 PM
This tells you that worries me, excuse BC = Buddy Club?
In many italy use D2 strett spring from 10 kg / mm front and rear 8kg/mm
The K-Sport strett provide front springs 6.7 - 6.2 rear, but if this product is not 'good, I do not want to risk
D2 is the same coilover as Megan or at least in the same category. All of the coilovers mentioned except possibly for Buddyclub fall into the "fly by night" coilover company. I suspect budget plays a big part into your coilover purchase. It sounds like you want the best quality for the least amount of money, which I am sorry to say do not fit together.

If I were you and you wanted to stay under 1500.00 dollars and get the best coilover possible, I would highly suggest the Bilstein PSS9. This can be had for well under 1300 dollars and provides a great street setup that is not too harsh and can definitely be tracked.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by iam7head,Feb 9 2008, 01:55 PM

You misunderstood what I was referring too. I was not referring to "BC" as Buddyclub. I was actually referring to BC racing, who is the main manufacturer for the shock inserts and coilover kits from the list I mentioned.

here is a snippet I took off of Nicoclub about BC Racing.

BC Racing is one of the biggest coil over kit manufacture in Taiwan. They have over 100+ application and 5 different models available.
Manufacture Website: http://www.bcracing-na.com

For US release, we have the BR model. Comes with 46mm piston size and 30 way damping adjustable.

All BR series are monotube design with upper pillow ball mounts.

Also I don't think that Buddyclub is still made in Japan. All I know the stuff they have been releasing lately has been junk and I would never install and of that stuff on my car. For the price range they are offering stuff at, it could not be made in Japan as the labor rates would force them over the budget coilover range. That is just my opinion though, but their headers and exhaust have multiple listed problems, and I could see that following into their coilovers also.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:56 AM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Have no experience with anything other then the coilovers from Buddy Club. No signs of failure yet on the Race Specs after 18,000miles. In my opinion one of the most versital performing track coilover that works well on the street. And for the $1200 I spent to have this, it was hands down the clear winner for me. 10k Front/ rear. Perfect weight spring for the balance between max grip and precise body control. In my opinion one of the best right out of the box for street and track!
Old 02-10-2008, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky,Feb 10 2008, 01:56 AM
Have no experience with anything other then the coilovers from Buddy Club. No signs of failure yet on the Race Specs after 18,000miles. In my opinion one of the most versital performing track coilover that works well on the street. And for the $1200 I spent to have this, it was hands down the clear winner for me. 10k Front/ rear. Perfect weight spring for the balance between max grip and precise body control. In my opinion one of the best right out of the box for street and track!
You are using coilovers Buddy club N + spec?
I wanted to spring rate of 10 minors kg / mm but they do not provide them
I am truly in love with Ohlins street but they are very expensive
Old 02-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by motociclista,Feb 10 2008, 10:01 AM
You are using coilovers Buddy club N + spec?
I wanted to spring rate of 10 minors kg / mm but they do not provide them
I am truly in love with Ohlins street but they are very expensive
No, I use the Race Spec coilover from Buddy Club/ 10k f/r

Sure, Olins is top notch, but who can justify that cost I'm not rich either. The Race Specs are great, And for the money

Quick Reply: K-SPORT coilovers