S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

k&n fipk vs ct-engineering intake

Old 02-04-2011, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok so i ordered the intake from here : http://vr-speed.com/store/0004-honda-s2000...514-p-2001.html

not only did they offer free shipping but for 211.00 thats a deal to me.

so expecting it to get it a week later it ended up showing up to my door TWO days later.

installation was pretty strait forward like any intake except the vaccume lines and the one coolant line thats clustered together in the hard lines by the TB( if your a novice under the hood take your time as they can be confusing). my only gripe would have to be the front mounting bracket, its almost impossible to get the bottom bolt/nut in so i left it with just one for now because its freaking cold in ct.

my impressions on this intake are; the intake does offer better throttle response and a really good sound, sounds like the car should of stock imo. As far as power goes nothing different really as expected but at vtec crossover i do feel a bit of a different nudge than i used to but its nothing to go a start a cult over.

all in all i'm happy with my purchase and i think its a great intake considering the price of the setup, the R&D that went to develop it, K&N's product and service guarantee's, and as aforementioned their customer service as well as the end results.