S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

K&N FIPK owners please chim in

Old 03-31-2010, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by H22toF20,Mar 29 2010, 09:45 PM
I plan on buying this intake with the idea of adapting a BPi flow stack/K&N filter to it. But before I do that, will it fit? The filter looks to be somwhat long so I'm sure it'll fit length wise. Here's the measurements I need.

Diameter of the pipe. Looks to be 3" which is perfect.

Overall Diameter of the filter. Would a 7.5" diameter filter fit in the heat shield? Would it hit the hood?

The BPi stack has been proven to make power on the H, B and K series motors so I'm sure it'll give a few ponies on an F20. I already have the BPi stack/K&N filter off of my Prelude, so it's not like I'm going to buy it along with the intake.
The FIPK pipe is 3" but the filter actually has a 4" inlet. There is a rubber piece that steps the 3" pipe up to a 4" for the filter. I couldn't find a K&N Xflow cone filters with a 4" inlet. I guess you could remove the piece steps the pipe up to 4" and put a 3" filter on there as K&N makes plenty of 3" Xflow cone filters. As far as length goes, some S2ks have one of their horns installed right in front of the filter. This was the case with mine. I only have about an inch between my filter and horn. If I wanted to go with a larger filter I would need to relocate the horn (not a big deal).

I considered going with an Xflow filter because the front opening of the filter would get good flow from the front right engine bay port as well as the air that flows over the radiator. I have the front fake vent cut out so I get good air flow through that port (confirmed with my Ir temp meter).
Old 03-31-2010, 07:18 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 91 Likes on 82 Posts

cool info, do you have a thread with temps you tested?
Old 03-31-2010, 12:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To clear up some misunderstanding. The purpose of this mod is not to put a bigger filter on the intake. This mod is to allow the BPi velocity stack to allow more air flow at the entrance of the pipe. More air = more power; assuming you can adjust fuel to compensate for the increase of VE.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:14 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 91 Likes on 82 Posts

^ i know i was just throwing that out there as maybe you had come across something in your research where more filter area=less resistance or something of that nature.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:30 PM

i got a prm intake im willing to sell for a 170. Located in souther cali. Pm me if ur interested. Only got 3k miles on it
Old 03-31-2010, 05:24 PM

I don't think this will make a big difference in power but it's an interesting build. I wouldn't want to spend $100 bucks to mod the K&N intake when it's already made to do what it's supposed to do.. It's already hard enough to squeeze out power out of the f20c and $100 bucks isn't worth it to extend the intake after relocating the horn. If it bothers you a lot then give it a try but you won't notice any difference in power. You'll need a tune to see subtle changes but for this it's not worth it IMO. Good Luck
Old 03-31-2010, 07:24 PM

The intake was built with the K&N filter, which is not a poor quality filter. Personally I would just use the filter that comes with it.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:14 PM

I'm not spending an extra $100 for the stack and filter. I already have it.

And once again this is not an upgrade of the filter. It's an upgrade of the intake itself. The stack has been proven to make power on the H22, B18 ect. The H22 is plaqued with minimal gains from bolt on's, just like the F20 and it makes power with one. THIS WILLL MAKE POWER, their's no reason why it wouldn't.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:25 AM

if you already have the filter. don't worry about it and try it out! Don't need anyone's approval or advice.. Try it out for yourself to see if it fits because I don't see anyone here on this forum did this mod. Good Luck n let us know how it went!
Old 04-01-2010, 01:58 PM

^Thanks. I was just trying to get dimentions to see if it would work. Sence the pipe is 3" and their seems to be enough room in the heat shield, it should work.

I actually just bought the intake a couple minutes ago.

Quick Reply: K&N FIPK owners please chim in