S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

K&N FIPK fit AP2?

Old 02-27-2008, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&N FIPK fit AP2?

hey i just received my K&N FIPK intake for my car today. i tried to install it but couldnt get the hose off the stock tube so im going to try again tomorrow.

but my question is, will the FIPK fit an 04+? reason im asking is because i saw a K&N Aircharger intake and it said 04+, and the FIPK said 01-05 or something.

and does anyone have any tips on gettn the rubber hose off the stock intake tube without breaking anything?

thx!
Old 02-28-2008, 02:47 AM

You have the right kit. They are the same for all years... Just a couple install differences.
I had a problem with the hoses too. And, thought i might break something as well. I just kept pulling and wiggling them until they came off. You may try warming them a bit with a hair dryer, and maybe some silicone spray lube. The hose removal was the only thing hard with the install. There is some kinda of sealer or adhesive on them from the factory.
I'm not a mechanic, it took me about 2 hrs with plenty of pauses to reread directions. Make sure you disconnect the battery so the ECU resets itself for more air. Then run the piss out of it when you first drive it. Your gonna love it, it sounds awesome!
FYI,This may only apply to MY06 and up, your car needs to be off for at least 15 min.(I waited 30) before you disconnect the battery. The ECU can get fried if you don't wait for it to do some sort of shut down cycle. I'd do it just in case. Maybe someone else will chime in on that. Hope this helps. PM me if you have any questions.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:06 PM

thanks for the response bro^

i just tried taking the hose off again.. still no luckk!!! this sucks my intakes just dying to be put on!!! anyone have suggestions?
Old 02-28-2008, 04:22 PM

I really like my FIPK, your car will be louder after v-tech but it sounds great! Much better than stock by far, and from my research you get around 4hp maybe more.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:14 PM

ya i wanna put it on so bad, but that damn hose isnt coming offff!!
Old 02-28-2008, 06:28 PM

Use a small flathead screwdriver and try prying it off
Old 02-28-2008, 06:30 PM

If it is the hose going to the valve cover, you can leave it on the stock intake because the new kit replaces it. Just disconnect the end on the valve cover.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:00 PM

Here's my take, since I've had 3 different intakes on my S2k:

-K&N FIPK Gen. II
-AEM V2
-Comptech Ice Box (current intake)

If I had to rate them, I'll go in 3 different categories (Look, Sound, Performance):

Look:
1. AEM V2-I've always liked the piping on every AEM intake. Solid, and looks good!
2. Comptech Ice Box-Very well made intake, and cool carbon fiber look to the box.
3. K&N FIPK II-I was never a fan of what seemed to be a cheap plastic pipe, and heavy metal box.

Sound:
1. Comptech Ice Box-Sounds very clean throughout the RPM's.
2. AEM V2-Great sounding, especially changing gears, even at low speeds. Plus, hearing the filter suck in air is a cool sound.
3. K&N FIPK II-Good sounding, but not as good as the 2 above.

Performance:
1. AEM V2-I think the fact that it's pulling in air from outside the engine bay is obviously colder, and you can feel a good difference, especially in the lower RPM's.
2. Comptech Ice Box-A good feel from the mid RPM's on.
3. K&N FIPK II-It's a good intake when the temperature is cool, but it feels like it really lags in the summer. But, it does help between 6.5-8 RPM's.

I will say, I took the AEM V2 off, because I just don't like even thinking about the possibility of hydro-locking the engine. I've done it once in the past on a Civic, and trust me it sucks!

The 3 intakes I'd recommend are:

1. AEM V2
2. Fujita-Just flat out SCREAMS!!!
3. Comptech Ice Box
Old 02-28-2008, 09:14 PM

What does this last post have to do with helping the OP answer his question? This isn't a poll about what the best intake is.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Spectre48,Feb 28 2008, 07:30 PM
If it is the hose going to the valve cover, you can leave it on the stock intake because the new kit replaces it. Just disconnect the end on the valve cover.
its not the metal tube that goes to the valve cover, its the fat one going like towards the bottom of the radiator.

Quick Reply: K&N FIPK fit AP2?