S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

JDP Rear Diffuser AP2

Old 08-28-2019 | 10:06 PM

JDP’s spoiler
The following users liked this post:
zze86 (04-25-2020)
Old 08-28-2019 | 10:44 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by JDMpearlwhyteZ
I had my friend who owns a coating/detail/wrap shop install it for me since I wanted him to coat it and the car again while he was installing it. And I originally wanted to get it protected with some clear bra before install but ended up ditching that route. But all in all he said the installation was not bad at all. He just needed a second pair of hands to make sure it was on there straight.

These wheels aren’t RZ2’s. They are avid 1 av27 and they are 17x8 +35.
I see. Perhaps it is easy enough to install solo or with a friend on a driveway.

Avid AV27 eh? Thanks for clarifying. They look hot. And they also don't look super aggressive even though they're +35. Probably because they're 8J and not 9. Oh btw we're J's Racing brothers
Old 08-29-2019 | 09:56 AM

Decided to be different and painted mine to match. Also installed welting in between the diffuser and bumper to fill any imperfections/gaps. I'll have to find pics with the new wheels installed. Love how the diffuser makes the exhaust tips of the Q300 not stick out and look silly.

Old 08-29-2019 | 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by theprophet36
Decided to be different and painted mine to match. Also installed welting in between the diffuser and bumper to fill any imperfections/gaps. I'll have to find pics with the new wheels installed. Love how the diffuser makes the exhaust tips of the Q300 not stick out and look silly.

That's funny, i was thinking for a long time how it'd look with a trim covering around the edges like the front AP2 lip, esp since it seems there's alot of edge imperfections with the JDP piece.

Does anyone know how this fits with a Mugen AP2 exhaust or has anyone seen if it fits? The mugen exhaust has bigger canisters so I'm starting to feel like it'd hit somewhere during install.
Old 08-29-2019 | 11:10 PM
5 Year Member

Looks cool colour matched but I much prefer the carbon look. Clever idea using weather strip to fill the gaps which are hard to see in most of the pics but would be easy to see in person. I'm finding it hard to decide on the dual exit or the single. I have a J's Racing FX70RS titanium single exit so logically I should go with the single exit diffuser but...I also want to keep my options open IF I decide to go dual which is probably not gonna happen but still, lol...
Old 08-30-2019 | 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
Looks cool colour matched but I much prefer the carbon look. Clever idea using weather strip to fill the gaps which are hard to see in most of the pics but would be easy to see in person. I'm finding it hard to decide on the dual exit or the single. I have a J's Racing FX70RS titanium single exit so logically I should go with the single exit diffuser but...I also want to keep my options open IF I decide to go dual which is probably not gonna happen but still, lol...
I knew I was going to paint it so I went with the cheaper FRP diffuser. Although the spoiler is carbon. I think painting the diffuser really makes the car look lower than the raw cf does, which I's appreciates.
Old 08-30-2019 | 09:07 PM

Question

I knew I was going to paint it so I went with the cheaper FRP diffuser. Although the spoiler is carbon. I think painting the diffuser really makes the car look lower than the raw cf does, which I's appreciates.
Do you have any side shots?
Old 09-01-2019 | 10:48 PM
5 Year Member

Cool
Old 09-03-2019 | 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by JDMpearlwhyteZ
Do you have any side shots?
Next time I pull her out I'll snap a shot
Old 09-03-2019 | 11:49 PM
5 Year Member

Next time I pull her out I'll snap a shot
By the way is the JDP spoiler quite light?

Quick Reply: JDP Rear Diffuser AP2