S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

J's Racing Tsuchinoko Intake Question

Old 06-11-2008, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J's Racing Tsuchinoko Intake Question

Alright so i tried searching and found a few reviews on the J's Racing intake but I thought maybe a few of you could chime in and help me out.

I love the look of the J's intake but I have heard very mixed reviews about the sound. I would think it would be quiet like the mugen intake, but i have read some reviews thats is quite loud just not AEM loud. Could anyone let me know what you think of the sound of the J's intake? How loud or quiet it is? maybe even a video
Old 06-11-2008, 09:24 AM

are you looking for power Gains or Looks??

MIKI
Old 06-11-2008, 09:27 AM

Well the added performance is always nice but from what I've read the J's doesn't really give a significant performance boost. I am more going for sound of the intake more than anything I suppose
Old 06-11-2008, 10:10 AM
viK

u must be ballin

i couldnt pay that much for a intake just for sound , id better be getting some hp too
Old 06-11-2008, 11:19 AM

I have the J's intake for the Type-S bumper. The intake noise is elevated slightly over stock but it is not as noticable as an open filter style intake, ie. AEM etc...
I'm sure this is due to the snorkel of the J's intake because when running it without the snorkel, the intake is much louder than with the snorkel in place. However, I must also say that it is not always easy to hear the intake over my exhaust. Hope this helps!
Old 06-11-2008, 11:58 PM

lol i'm def not ballin...i'm a broke ass college student

Thank you FoodeesJim for your response...it def helped me out...have you ever dyno your car with the intake on?
Old 06-12-2008, 03:10 AM

Sorry, no dyno #'s. It's definitely not a night and day difference performance wise but it sure is sexy. I don't know if that justifies the $$$ it cost but that's up to you. I love mine
Old 06-12-2008, 07:19 AM

Ya it definitly looks sick! My debate was between the J's or the GoTuning TI pipe and a knock off mugen
Old 06-12-2008, 04:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've put the j's on - looks fantastic, plus it's around a 2.5kg weight saving (from memory). It's not much louder than stock, but produces more of a growl than OEM. Also, the throttle response increases a hell of a lot, and the faster you go, the more noticeable it is. I would think from butt dyno that the hp gain is probably minimal, but the tq increase is noticeable - pulls harder before vtec now.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:33 PM

if you want sound.

go for the K&N FIPK its carb legal. relatively cheap (240 new i personally got mine 160 used)

sound is awesome and maintence(sp?) is easy.

Quick Reply: J's Racing Tsuchinoko Intake Question