S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

J's Racing ETD

Old 06-28-2009, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J's Racing ETD

Hey guys,

Well, I got some J's Racing parts last week and proceeded to put them on today.

Anywho, question is, I attached my ETD opposite of what the directions told me to do, and what everyone else did and I was wondering if this will affect the purpose of the ETD?

I mounted it reverse so the J's Racing logo would be facing towards the audience when they're looking into the engine bay and not away. I'm anal when it comes down to things like that.

I really don't see how this will affect the operation of the ETD, but I want to make sure that it's alright before I crank up my car.

Thanks Tommy at GoTuning for the service!
Old 06-28-2009, 06:21 PM

what exactly is this suppose to do for your car ive heard its a dumb mod cause it really does nothing. im jus curious to find out the truth behind this but it looks good man
Old 06-28-2009, 06:25 PM

Its suppose to reduce engine movement to increase repsonce and power to the ground without vibrating the chassis.

I've read a lot of reviews about it, and you either love it or think its a waste of money. I bought it because I love J's and it looks awesome.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:27 PM

oh really so have you taken it out and felt any difference with it? id like to kno more about this cause its a mod ive been lookin to do for a while jus not sure if im ready to jump the gun on it.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:32 PM

Not yet, dude.

I haven't been able to crank it up today. I'll post another review once I drive it tomorrow.

There's other reviews on it through the search function.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:50 PM

I have yet to put mine on but i doubt it makes a different on which way you put it on..it works the same either way i would assume
Old 06-28-2009, 06:59 PM

^^

Thats what I was thinking too. Also, mounting it opposite of the direction has its perks for LHD S2000's. The AC line does not rub against the body of the ETD. If I were to mount it the other way, it'd be a different story.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:19 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Shouldn't matter which way it is facing.

I used to have the J's ETD on my old Civic. With a FWD, there is definitely a huge difference, especially when it comes to wheel hop. Not sure how big of a difference there will be on a RWD. Looks real good though.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:31 PM

I have the ingalls ETD on my ap1 and the car feels completely different. there is a little more vibration at idle if the car is running hard with the AC on or something. But shifts are way more accurate. I think its one of my more favorite mods.

BTW if you misshift often your gonna feel it. So keep the shifts smooth.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To the hater post, let's just say it works more than nothing.

You can tell on the high speed shifts.

The installation direction does not matter but it is easier to adjust if you have the lock nut towards the engine. I didn't even bother with the logo (it's a sticker). You have it installed the same as me.

Quick Reply: J's Racing ETD