S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

J's ETD/STB/Heat Shield

Old 06-17-2008, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J's ETD/STB/Heat Shield

I'm getting ready to purchase the "combo pack" from evasive and I had a question before I did. The ETD is the one that most concerns me. I'm not that mechanically inclined, however I know this is something that won't be difficult to install. My concern is what modifications I will have to do if any at all to get the ETD/Heat shield in properly. I don't want to have to drill or mangle or bend or relocate anything (within reason) to deviate too much from stock. Any opinions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance. Cheers!

Mike
Old 06-17-2008, 10:37 PM
Former Sponsor

First you have to remove one of the Fuse box bracket arms that is welded to the car...

Then you might need to band and bend the J's heat shield to make it fit, it won't with an OEM header with the header shield attached. Its pretty much made like a POS and fits like crap so bending and pounding is needed for it to fit right

The ETD will rub on the AC lines if you are able to bend them out of the way do it, or it might eventually rub through your AC lines

Other than those things, you just need the right size Allen key to screw one part of it into the engine black and thats about it.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:44 PM

well damn......That's no good. Good thing I asked.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:51 PM
Former Sponsor

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...pic=297455&hl=

Read this review of the ETD when installed on my car
Old 06-17-2008, 11:07 PM

Wow. Boo for J's. Thank you much for the info. I guess I don't utilize the search funtion as well as I thought......

I want to blow my stimulus check on something and thought this would be a good idea. I don't want to mod the piss out of the car, just "bling" it up a little bit. Thought this would be perfect, 507 bucks shipped to my door. How the hell can they sell a product like this to the USDM market?
Old 06-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Former Sponsor

There seem to be another option, you might want to look into the NRG ETD with the Puddy Mount bracket, this will eliminate the need to removed the welded fuse box bracket.

Might be a cheaper route if you do this and just cut a hole in your stock head shield.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Also I'd like to add all the ETD's are basically the same construction and function, and I bet made from the same company. So it doesn't matter if you get J's, NRG, or Spoon...unless color and a name brand sticker really means that much.

The only difference between the NRG/Spoon, is that the J's main bracket actually has another bracket where the fuse box can bolt into, whereas the NRG/Spoon brackets had no such place for the Fuse box to attach to...hard to explain but you can see them in the picture.

The Puddy mount will solve the issue with the NRG/SPOON models however.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:28 PM

Thanks Shadow

You have made me that much wiser
Old 06-17-2008, 11:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Good luck
Old 06-18-2008, 06:11 AM

I am really suprised that it supposedly fits so badly. Normally j's stuff is top notch. I was thinking about that same combo, but i guess i should maybe look into other options.

-Ian

Quick Reply: J's ETD/STB/Heat Shield