S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

izze racing air pump delete

Old 09-29-2011, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default izze racing air pump delete

I am in the process of simplifying my s by removing whatever's possible while still being street-able. The air pump is just one of those things. It makes it harder to get to the IM bolts and other things, the vacuum lines with my intake look like black spaghetti and the air pump lines are blocking a couple of other things I am working on, plus it's 10 pounds of extra bs to be removed.

below you see the 3 extra parts needed - the puddy mod pump plate in the right and the two vacuum plugs one small one on the IM and on large on on the intake.

I ordered the kit like Thursday and I had it cross country in the mail on monday for 66 bux and the puddy mod plate was another 15.

I won't go into the the full installation instructions except to add three things, you will need a interior panel rivet puller for the small one halfway up the door and for near the firewall for the kick panel removal.

also at some point depending on what happens with registration I am going to be switching to EMS hopefully or Hondata and this will no longer be needed so I used wire taps instead of soldering to make the undo easier and make installation quicker. for these cut off the exposed wire if any run the wire to tap on the outside and the emulator wire on the inside then using a pair of pliers crimp down the silver splice in the middle fold the clip over and tape over all of them if you want.

Also the puddymod plate is shiny silver I will be having mine bead blasted and removing the factory studs that stick up with bolts that screw down for a more factory looking setup.

Anyway I did this after work last night it took me about an hour total with everything wired up and all parts removed except the actual pump which I disconnected by removing the fuse in the drivers side fuse box under the hood. The pump is easy I just ran out of light and I want to take it out complete without cutting anything to resell it.

Here is the full instructions from the izzeracing.com website http://www.izzeracing.com/Simulator_Instructions.pdf

After driving for a full day no cel's or other issues and no annoying pump noise so thumbsup.

If you want the simulator contact izze here https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/user/80835-unbreakable6161/

and for the block off plate contact puddymod here https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/user/36094-s2kpuddydad/
Old 09-30-2011, 04:48 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Cool, good luck with the mod
Old 09-30-2011, 05:40 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Can you use this on a OEM ECU without any problems. I remember reading a while back that people were having issues...?
Old 09-30-2011, 06:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pastoli
Can you use this on a OEM ECU without any problems. I remember reading a while back that people were having issues...?
Yes you can. This isnt like the challenge kit.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2011, 06:07 AM
Community Organizer
Community OrganizerMember (Premium)

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

Where did you get the vaccuum plugs?
Old 09-30-2011, 08:00 PM

Bought one of these last week but haven't installed it yet.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by jsenclosure
Where did you get the vaccuum plugs?
I got the vacuum plugs at auto zone in the mixed box of sizes.

The challenge kit is different from the izze kit - I haven't read anyone having problems with the izze kit.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

How do you like running this N/A?
Old 10-01-2011, 04:41 PM

damn duke your all about a light ass s2k "i love it" nice coolant bypassing the throttle body and intake manifold i have mine setup a little different

Old 10-04-2011, 03:01 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by pastoli
Link to these issues?

Quick Reply: izze racing air pump delete