S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Invidia Q300 Single Exhaust Review With Videos

Old 02-21-2011, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Invidia Q300 Single Exhaust Review With Videos

I recently bought one of the fairly new Invidia Q300 single exhausts from Chris at SpeednStyles. I was slightly cautious at first because their website did not work, but I went with it anyway because he gave me a great price for the 70mm tp and exhaust, and I had a buyer for my previous exhaust and tp (tanabe medallion concept g and berk 63mm TP). Chris was extremely helpful answering all of my questions, and he gave me BY FAR the best price I could find.

Before now, I had never been a fan of the single exhausts because of the way they looked, and i loved the sound of my previous setup, but I wanted to try something new. I drove home from Clemson (about 3 hours), emptied my car, jacked it up, and the exhaust was cool enough to begin working. It took me and one other person there to help under an hour to take the current exhaust and tp off and install the new set. Installation was perfect for the Q300. Everything lined up perfect, and I didn't have to change anything around at all. After driving it, I saw that throttle response improved quite a bit, and it felt like I gained a decent amount at the lower rpms (and upper, but I know how unreliable butt dynos are).

Just cruising around, the car is just as quiet as the tanabe. There may be a little bit more drone from 3000 to 3300 rpm, but that's just because drone was nonexistant with the tanabe. At WOT, I can tell the car gets a good bit louder than the tanabe (which I don't mind since that doesn't happen too often). The sound is slightly raspier, but it is a clean sound all throughout the rpm range from what I could tell. I wish I could have gotten a before and after dyno, but since I did not have the stock exhaust and cat on, it wouldn't have done much good.

Overall, I am extremely happy with the exhaust. More than I originally expected even. I know some people were waiting to see dyno results on an AP1, but I would recommend getting it. It is a great price, and the quality of the exhaust is also great. I did get a CEL with the test pipe though (should have the CEL fix), and I cleared it after getting it checked and it came back. I PMed Chris at Team SNS to see if he had any recommendations, and he said he would send me the extra bung to fix it asap. I was not expecting him to do that, and I greatly appreciate it. Sorry for the long write up. Hope this becomes useful to someone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdeUO...&feature=feedf

Hopefully I'll be able to get a decent video sometime later on in the week when I'm not as busy.

Also, I plan to get a single exhaust cap from heeltoe in the very near future. I was wondering if anyone has one of these, and how they like it. From the pictures I've seen on their website, it almost look like the hole isn't centered on the exhaust, but it is hard to tell, so any input on that would be greatly appreciated.

Matt
Old 02-21-2011, 01:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice write up. I imagine fitment would be better for the simple fact that its a Single and, its easier to adjust when installing.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:37 PM

Heard this single had more gains than $1500+ exhausts LOL
Old 02-21-2011, 02:21 PM

That is definitely one reason Yo. I was just amazed how centered it was without having to mess with it at all.

I can honestly feel it TRD. I'm excited to eventually tune and dyno it to see how that did with the other mods.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:46 PM

exhaust cap time.

single does look good
Old 02-21-2011, 02:49 PM

^Oh I know. I am very close to getting the exhaust cap from heeltoe. Just need to do a little more research and see what feedback I can get on it from other people that have them.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:15 PM

I might have to pick this one up, my comptech is too loud, pm what price he gave you if you don't mind
Old 02-21-2011, 05:29 PM

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-XLVevQ7aw [/media]&feature=player_embedded

Here is a video i shot today to test out my friends new camera/show him the exhaust. It's not in the greatest spot to get a completely accurate representation of the exhaust though. Hopefully I will get a video of a flyby and other good stuff this weekend. It's a long video because we were just driving around campus, so there's a fairly hard acceleration at about :40 and a better one at 1:35. If you keep watching after 1:35 you can see the little scare I had. Luckily I didn't stay on it any longer. . . Still not sure if it was a cop.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:40 PM

yup! that was a cop lol
Old 02-21-2011, 06:11 PM

lololol. cop alright.

Quick Reply: Invidia Q300 Single Exhaust Review With Videos