S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Invidia Q300 first impressions.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Invidia Q300 first impressions.

I installed the exhaust on sunday and after 2 days of driving around with it I can say that I like the sound but I'm surprised at how loud it is in the car around town. Now I do have a Berk HFC too but its still a bit louder than I expected. All you guys on here that say its not much louder than stock apparently have vastly different hearing than me. I will agree that on the interstate at above 65mph there is no drone and almost no sound in the car but around town it is pretty loud in the cabin. I'm gonna take the HFC off this weekend and put the stock cat back on and see if that makes it quieter. I would imagine that it will since the HFC made my factory exhaust quite a bit louder. I have yet to hear it from outside the car yet cause its been raining so damn much the past 2 days.

Question for others with this exhaust that have added a HFC: Did it make the exhaust louder or deeper or what was the effect? I only know the sound with the HFC but not with the stock cat.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:03 PM

It really depends what you consider loud. For example, I've heard older Ferraris which make your chest vibrate...so in that case, I would consider the HKS, Q300, etc. to be reasonable.

When I had my HKS Hi-Power above 6.5k RPM my intake was louder.

If the exhuast is new, give it a while to break in, plus you will get used to it. The stock exhaust on the s2000 is not exactly "sporty" in its sound I would say.

Now, the Invidia V1-V3 are LOUD, unbearable in my opinion.

If I were you I would leave on the HFC because it helps reduce the cabin drone imho. But the stock cat would definately quiet the exhaust through the entire rev band.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely what you consider loud. I have a Tanabe Concept G and it's very tolerable and quiet to me, yet my own dear mother can't stand to be in my car.

I've heard the Q300 in person and it really isn't loud at all

V3, Skunk2, and Veilside are just too hardcore for me.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Invidia V3/N1 isn't loud with a turbo! LOL.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:15 PM

I have a header, berk hfc, and the q300 and i dont think its very loud... It has a real nice deep growl cruising around town and it screams in vtec.

if you want QUIET you need fujitsubo but then you have a 60mm $1,200 exhaust.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:51 PM

I understand it is by no means loud compared to most of the exhausts on the market. I'm just saying I was expecting about a half of a step up in sound from the stock exhaust and this is more like a full step up. Not really sure that makes any sense lol but thats how i interpret it. I'm sure I will get used to it. I just drive much more in town then on the interstate so if I can tone it down a lil round town with the stock cat then its worth a shot.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:55 PM

not sure on prices and work for this but I know s4play had his interior dynamated. that may help
Old 04-27-2010, 07:36 PM
Community Organizer

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

It's just like people saying the Greddy SE not being loud, and sounding almost stock. A local member bought one and it's much louder than the stock exhaust (with stock cat too).
Old 04-27-2010, 09:54 PM

My first impression was that it was loud as well but after a good month it definitely did quiet down. Its pretty subtle now but may be loud and droney around 3k while cruising or when you mash the throttle. Some days it is quieter then others.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:25 PM

my rule of thumb:

if you think the stock intake with the lid off is loud and boomy when you WOT between 3-4K rpms, don't get an aftermarket exhaust.

Quick Reply: Invidia Q300 first impressions.