S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Innovative diff mounts

Old 03-13-2012, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Innovative diff mounts

Looking at picking up a set with when I purchase my engine and tranny mounts. Im looking at 85A or stiffer. My main question is will this cause differential wear and failure due to no absorption. I've heard very few people saying this and honestly I am fairly uneducated in that area of this car. Thanks in advance for any knowledgable insight.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, it wont do anything to cause more wear... the twisting causes it to break to begin with, jerks around and stuff. I have 95A race mounts on mine, cant tell much of a difference in vibration but the diff doesnt twist at all now, feels much more planted. i recommend it
Old 03-14-2012, 07:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ just to add to his post. what he is describing is wheel hopping. the loading and unloading of the diff when improperly launched. this causes the diff to shake violently. what is happening inside the diff is what can only be describe as an earthquake. then bang, boom, snap goes then diff. stiffer mounts will cause/prevent the diff form twisting or rocking during wheel hopping. so it could help save your diff. this is what was explained to me by puddydad after my second broken diff. he is very knowledgeable BTW...

something to note as well, the stiffer mounts do cause more vibrations and noise to transfer into the cabin. but i have 60A filled OEM mounts. i have to be honest, there is noise when top up and silently cruising and no music. but, with music on, not blasting or top down or if you have an aftermarket exhaust, it is very hard to hear. you have to be looking for the sound.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i picked up the hasport diff mounts and have yet to install them because i was told they are pointless.