S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

im done with drone, and BLAHHHH sounds

Old 02-11-2011, 06:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Calamari,Feb 11 2011, 09:50 AM
I have a Greddy Ti-c single 70mm. I am very happy with the note. it gave it that... boxer engine like tone.
I have heard from many people that this exhaust drones though... Yes it might sound nice but that isn't just what the OP is looking for.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Drone is highly dependent an the header and "middle pipe" (OEM cat, test pipe, HFC) that is combined with the exhaust. Some exhausts will drone more with a TP, and others will drone less. The size of the test pipe also makes a difference. Are you using the stock header and stock cat?
Old 02-11-2011, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by jimnasty23,Feb 11 2011, 09:55 AM
i know SS isnt cheap, and i might have to hear some sound clips of the HKS because i mean i want it to be quiet but not to quiet...i like the noise, just not the obnoxiousness..
Thanks guys!
Go check out youtube for some videos. Don't watch the one that has the rear view of the white s2k though, it revs and takes off but he has something rattling horribly and sounds retarded. I have seen a few good ones on youtube that seem to sound identical to mine. (I'll post a few good ones when i'm on my lunch break today) Trust me with this exhaust you won't regret it at all. I was skeptical about it at first b/c when I put it on, I was like ohh sh*t it's pretty loud! I loved the sound but I was thinking it was gonna drone since it definetly wasn't just quiet, but once you settle at a speed it all just goes away. I this exhaust.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and i dont care about the price, like i said, id like to put something quality on my car. i just need to know what brands have this "sound" im looking for..
agian thanks for helping!
Old 02-11-2011, 07:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eh it honestley doesn't drone really bad at all. All the loudness in the interior is all in your foot in this exhaust. It u expect to move fastin 6th gear at 3k and floor is, you get a little drone. But no where near the twos exhausts posted by OP. I have also had the t1r 70mm v3 and I'd say the tic is exactly what your looking for. You can control that little drone it has and top down days in vtec is priceless. My gf got mad that I kept wanting to go drive everyday lol.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by suzuka-blue-s2k,Feb 11 2011, 07:59 AM
Go check out youtube for some videos. Don't watch the one that has the rear view of the white s2k though, it revs and takes off but he has something rattling horribly and sounds retarded. I have seen a few good ones on youtube that seem to sound identical to mine. (I'll post a few good ones when i'm on my lunch break today) Trust me with this exhaust you won't regret it at all. I was skeptical about it at first b/c when I put it on, I was like ohh sh*t it's pretty loud! I loved the sound but I was thinking it was gonna drone since it definetly wasn't just quiet, but once you settle at a speed it all just goes away. I this exhaust.

hah well ill hop on to youtube on my lunch break as well check out some hks and greddy exhausts. depending on price and sound will ultimatly be my decision....do you know if the greddy drones like the crap exhausts ive had? i wont mind little drone but none would be ideal.

and my set up is DC sports header, ebay TP, megan single cat back 2.5"
Old 02-11-2011, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by jimnasty23,Feb 11 2011, 11:07 AM
hah well ill hop on to youtube on my lunch break as well check out some hks and greddy exhausts. depending on price and sound will ultimatly be my decision....do you know if the greddy drones like the crap exhausts ive had? i wont mind little drone but none would be ideal.

and my set up is DC sports header, ebay TP, megan single cat back 2.5"
Honestly i don't think your going to be happy with the Greddy Single. I'm sure a lot of owners love it... but what else have they owned to compare it too. It's another somewhat loud exhaust that does have some drone. I've only been on cruises with them though and had limited seat time. I have not actually owned the Greddy single.

Look into the Greddy SE dual though if you want something slightly louder than HKS.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Invidia Q300 <3
Old 02-11-2011, 07:14 AM

I'm pretty sure the greddy won't drone as much as the ones you have had. Like hypforlife said, it isn't that bad, but there is some. The HKS would definetly be better with droning since there practiacally is none with the test pipe. Also I think all the ebay test pipes are 60mm so it would go perfect with the HKS.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by suzuka-blue-s2k,Feb 11 2011, 07:55 AM
I have heard from many people that this exhaust drones though... Yes it might sound nice but that isn't just what the OP is looking for.
only without a test pipe

Quick Reply: im done with drone, and BLAHHHH sounds