S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Ichiba V2 Spacers... Any Good?

Old 12-04-2013, 06:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ichiba V2 Spacers... Any Good?

All,

I am looking to pick up a set of spacers for my s2000 and am looking at the Ichiba V2 Spacers. 15mm in the front (http://www.ichibausa.com/ProductDeta...de=WS-5511470A) and 17mm (http://www.ichibausa.com/ProductDeta...de=WS-5511464F) in the rear. Can anyone give me a review on these? After a small internet search i found one instance where someone with a lexus snapped three of the bolts in the rear.
(http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-s...2-spacers.html)

Also are there any other 15mm and 17mm spacers that anyone would advise?

Thanks,
Old 12-04-2013, 09:54 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

well i have 20mm on my fronts right now. have had them on about just under a year now and no problems. so far all i have done on them is normal driving and spirited driving
Old 12-05-2013, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have H&R 15 mm spacers in the front to clear my spoon calipers. They are great. I've done two autocrosses with them as well and have held up great.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:27 AM

hmmm considering I would like to have the possibility of auto-x'ing with them on I might try and just get the H&R's... Where did you purchase them?
Old 12-07-2013, 05:26 PM

Dont get them. They're rubbish. If you have them already, change the nuts on them because they're soft as hell and will round easily.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:35 PM

duly noted. I will be looking into the H&R's instead.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:35 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have ichiba v2 rears and ordered the fronts as well. The H/R are made out of the same light weight material (aluminum/magnesium). I think the guy w/ lexus possibly got wrong center bore size. It needs to match exactly w/ the car specs so all the weight will be centered at the hub and off the studs.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:15 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just read through some of that thread. So apparently it looks like the wheels the guy was using didn't allow him to fully use up the full length of each wheel stud on these spacers, so its as if the wheels were sitting on the outer ends of the studs. No surprise how he snapped some studs that way, way too much stress on the outer ends! Maybe his wheels didn't have those inner pockets to accommodate the original studs after mounting the spacers? IDK the full story. As long as you order correct specs and install them correctly, you shouldn't have any problems with any hubcentric spacer.

Edit: **Make sure your wheels have those inner pockets to fit in the original studs if you plan on using thinner spacers. **
Old 12-08-2013, 07:25 PM

Yes... These spacers will be ran with my OEM rims. I will have a different set of rims and tires for the track so this set up will be for driving around town.

I think I might go back to running 215fr and 245rr because the tires I am looking at are not offered in 255/40/17 (can anyone guess what tires I'm looking at? haha) With this in mind I might hold off on getting spacers until I get the rims powder coated (mineral grey like color), new tires installed, fenders rolled and rear bumper tab relocated. Can't wait to get some big boy dollars to play with soon!

And that would make sense about Mr. Lexus. The stress on those teeth of the screw would have been much higher if the nut wasn't on there deep enough.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Buntinboy9
hmmm considering I would like to have the possibility of auto-x'ing with them on I might try and just get the H&R's... Where did you purchase them?
I bought the DRS model off of Evasive Motorsports. I don't know why, and I have no science or proof to back this up, but I just felt like the DRM was less safe for extreme driving. I liked how the DRS model came with extended studs. Yes, it was a little more work because I had to change studs, but in the end, I just had more piece of mind. It wasn't that hard to change studs either, Took me about 2 hours total and it was the first time I ever did anything like that.

Quick Reply: Ichiba V2 Spacers... Any Good?