S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

I decided to try to tilt my license plate with the Bell bracket at autozone

Old 04-17-2012, 10:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I decided to try to tilt my license plate with the Bell bracket at autozone

For awhile I decided on keeping the OEM license plate mount, but after seeing some tilt plates, I thought maybe thats what I should do. I didnt want to spend too much money, so I found the bell mounting bracket. (here)

I didnt see too many people with them or talk about them, but I figured if I didnt like it then what ever, it was just $10 and I can always put the old one back on.

So i put it on and after some small modifications, I think it looks just as good as the other tilt mounts.

I decided to try to tilt my license plate with the Bell bracket at autozone-gpaht.jpg

I will probably paint the mount and get some electrical tape and put it on the plate and the mount so I don't ruin the paint.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:30 AM

Not bad man! Think I may do the same
Old 04-17-2012, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lookin good
Old 04-17-2012, 07:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the same braket from autozone, but I mounted it to the grill, because when I got my ap1 with came with oem license plate plugs color matched. Imo it looks a lot beter on the grill
Old 04-17-2012, 08:18 PM

hmm, ran with the front plate off the first year i had the car but i dont like pushing my luck, any pics of this mounted in the grill?

thanks
Old 04-17-2012, 08:55 PM

^^^Same! I thought it looked better in the grill. But since I have the holes, I might of as well put it in that way.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:33 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Bought the same in the begining of ownership of the S. Didn't last very long because of rust.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:16 PM

ill post one as soon as i can
Old 04-18-2012, 04:23 PM

I have it tilted slightly lower, you can still see the plate but it just faces the ground more.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by lunardeathgod
For awhile I decided on keeping the OEM license plate mount, but after seeing some tilt plates, I thought maybe thats what I should do. I didnt want to spend too much money, so I found the bell mounting bracket. (here)

I didnt see too many people with them or talk about them, but I figured if I didnt like it then what ever, it was just $10 and I can always put the old one back on.

So i put it on and after some small modifications, I think it looks just as good as the other tilt mounts.

I will probably paint the mount and get some electrical tape and put it on the plate and the mount so I don't ruin the paint.
im from TX too but what is that? so sort of metal with letter on it? none of my cars have that. hmmm ill have to go look and see what that is lol

looks good.. but i dont RUN a plate and i dont get pulled over , maybe 2 times in 10 years for it lol.. if i do ill just pay it"not a moving violation". i hate plates on the fount

Quick Reply: I decided to try to tilt my license plate with the Bell bracket at autozone