S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

This high Flow Catalytic Converter

Old 05-19-2009, 04:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HFC- Bolt on and drive. No antifoulers and no hassels because no CEL's. Spend the extra dough over a not so friendly TP install in many cases, especially with AP2's. I think the moment you order one, you'll realize that you made the right decision.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

MY car has a check engine light on, A friend of mine also has this HFC and his check engine light would come on. I bought the Berk HFC so i can avoid the check engine light but its on at the moment. I have fujitsubo exhast, PWD JDM intake with the HFC and I keep getting check engine lights for catalytic converter efficiency. Check engine light was not on for the first 1000 miles and now its on at every 120 miles or so. Its pretty annoying. Now i have T1R o2 similiator with it so I'll see if the check engine light will be returning. I know T1R now offers a HFC with o2 similator and its way cheaper.
Did anyone have a problem installing it?? I was not able to used the damper springs that were on the oem bolts where the cat meets the header. When i used the bolt with damper spring in it i would have an exhaust leak(even with new doughnut gasket) so i removed the damper spring and then it no on longer leaked. Same concern on my friends s2k. Mine is a 2006 and his is a 2008. Maybe i'm retarded I don't know
Old 05-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last I checked they use the same damper springs on all of the S2K's 00-08. You should use those springs though! If you need more tension on that donut gasket stacking a few washers up on the springs should solve the leak.

Just give us a call and we'd be glad to help you troubleshoot!

FYI - T1R doesn't make a HFC. Their racing converter is really a resonated test pipe. Maybe since it bears some semblance to a cat they call it a converter?
Old 05-20-2009, 07:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

anyone know where to buy a new donut gasket?
Old 05-21-2009, 02:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Honda or Acura. The Integra Type R also uses the same gasket as the S2K.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran a test pipe on my last S2k and felt a little guilty about it, I also got tired of having to clay bar the rear bumper to get black spots off it when I washed the car

I decided that I will no longer run test/track pipes on any more of my street driven cars, its a personal thing, helps me sleep better at night.
I live in a state with NO inspections at all and could run no cats with no repercussions but I would feel really guilty about it and its not worth it for 2-3 more hp if I can buy an affordable HFC like this Berke unit.
Everyone on this site should commit to running these in lieu of "no cats" on there cars, with 63 and 70 mm size options and a small increase in cost over the test pipe you really have little excuse not to.

When I order my Berke HFC I'm planning on doing back to back test for a bunch of my fellow BMW club people that are currently running open pipes on their street/track cars just to prove that they can be clean and gain power.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:47 PM

My experince

>Test pipe- Loud, raspy, good top end, smells like shit. lol

>OEM cat- Quite, overall good but restrictive

>High flow- Let me just say its in between. I still smell unburnt fuel but not too much, bottom end is better then TP, deeper sounding then a TP.

The test pipe i used is from JIC magic
The High flow i used is a prototype buddyclub high flow

~Alex
Old 08-02-2009, 06:50 PM

My OEM cat just packed it in and I am looking for a replacement. I like the look of this cat but am unsure whether to go for the 70mm or 63mm.

I have a stock exaust system at the moment but will be upgrading it in the near future.

You thoughts are appricated.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:59 PM

I have the 63mm HFC with Megan header and stock exhaust and Fujita intake. Made 4whp peak and up to 8whp in other parts of the rev range: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=698203

I don't notice any difference in smell or sound though..
Old 08-02-2009, 08:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never noticed any smell with my Berk HFC and kind of surprised that some do.

Quick Reply: This high Flow Catalytic Converter