S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Help with thread pitch/bolt sizes hardtop brackets

Old 01-11-2016, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with thread pitch/bolt sizes hardtop brackets

I'm looking to purchase some tamper proof bolts for my hardtop, I've seen the locking bracket options but I feel like a keyed bolt/driver would serve equally as well. There's a minimum order amount and I need the bolt specifications (thread size/pitch/length) for:

Front Striker Plate (two flatheads)
Quick Release Latches (one flathead, one buttonhead)

Rear bottom softop motor mount/bracket
Rear top softop motor mount/bracket
I have this from another thread, if anyone could verify that would be great. A bit of probably important information is that I have completely deleted the softtop motors/brackets. These are going on a ballade hardtop with ballade hardware.
Originally Posted by zippity
Can anybody tell me the dimensions of the following three bolts in the picture below. I am missing these for my hardtop bracket. Can I pick these up at my local hardware store? And the bottom two bolts are already equipped in my stock car? All help is appreciated!

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
They should be 6 x 20 mm bolts, that is for the three upper bolts that mount to the upper hardtop, assuming the manufacturer of your top copied the oem setup like most do.

The bottom two bolts are 6 x 20 mm, and 8 x 20 mm , I don't believe both of those bolts are on the car in stock form, one might be but not both. You might just pick up both in case you find that your car doesn't have them, saves you a trip back to the store.

You can pick up spare bolts from any hardware or fastener supplier, you should use washers on all five bolts. If you need to know the thread pitch I can check that for you.